+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PADI Tec Rec - NO More DSAT!

Dive Aqaba Owner Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson's Avatar
    Pelagian

Dolphin, GAF

PADI Tec Rec - NO More DSAT!

PADI have now dropped the DSAT from all their tec courses, improved the flow somewhat and extended their trimix to hypoxic mixes down to 90m on the training dives...

allowing CCR for indirect supervision on cont ed courses (only CE approved units.....crap!) then again for indirect supervision you dont have to be in the water only ready to enter!

At least they seem to be recognising that CCR in sport diving is not going away...check out Mark C's posy pics on the new tecrec promo material!

Rod

Need to change DSAT-PADI thingy to PADI TecRec....about as much chance of that as changing Palagian to Pelagian

RBW Member
    jorgeantoniomw has a little shameless behaviour in the past jorgeantoniomw's Avatar
    Evolution +

Re: PADI Tec Rec - NO More DSAT!

[QUOTE=check out Mark C's posy pics on the new tecrec promo material!
    [/QUOTE]

Where?

Antti Hiltunen antti is an unknown quantity at this point antti's Avatar
    Megalodon

As formerly DSAT, now as PADI Tec trimix instructor , it was quite interesting to see that "full range" trimix course min depth requirement was "lowered" that much, It used to be max 75 meters, now it is min 75meters max 90meters. I think it is better, even though we are pretty short of that deep training dive spots here in Finland. Cold'n Murky Baltic sea is a challenging place at 75-90 meters, even to experienced divers...

Wonder if we ever see rebreather courses, other than dräger.

LEARNING CONTINUALLY rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Classic YBOD

PADI reversed course before, so maybe CCR's sooner than later.
    Back in the early '90's it was "No way/never on Nitrox." "Not Insureable." "Can't treat in a chamber." That was from PADI HQ. My how the loss of a few $$$ will change minds.
    Bill

Dive Aqaba Owner Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson's Avatar
    Pelagian

Dolphin, GAF

Quote Originally Posted by jorgeantoniomw  View Original Post
    Where?

so where is this all going???

Blacklisted Devils Advocate will become famous soon enough Devils Advocate will become famous soon enough Devils Advocate will become famous soon enough Devils Advocate will become famous soon enough Devils Advocate's Avatar
    1 of 6 on the shelf.

Recipe for disaster. Mark Caney posing on a Sentinel does not make PADI CCR friendly.
    Bring out your dead...................

Pelagian

Dolphin, GAF

all scary stuff well we know what they can use the lime for!

of course Kevin promoted the S at PADI HQ last year

probably be able to complete a CCR course with PADI eLearning soon aaarrrgh!

RBW Member jamiemac is on a distinguished road jamiemac is on a distinguished road jamiemac's Avatar
    inspo

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Abbotson  View Original Post
    all scary stuff well we know what they can use the lime for!

of course Kevin promoted the S at PADI HQ last year

probably be able to complete a CCR course with PADI eLearning soon aaarrrgh!
    Many a true word spoken in jest, I bet they do

Does this mean we're to call ourselves Padi instructors again? I quite liked the DSAT thing..........
    Last edited by jamiemac; 24th June 2010 at 16:38. Reason: more

dahab, koh tao, eilat Jonas Samuelsson is an unknown quantity at this point Jonas Samuelsson's Avatar
    EVOLUTION, PELAGIAN

PADI CCR Course finally!!!

[quote=jamiemac;325309]Many a true word spoken in jest, I bet they do

Does this mean we're to call ourselves Padi instructors again? I quite liked the DSAT thing..........[/quote
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    hey jamie,

i kind of liked the DSAT name as well, like it better than TEC REC (that i think sound bit ...),

the ccr course idea is great and finally we are going to be able to compete with tdi, iantd with a broader spectrum of courses, also this is really going to take off the ccr market with more units produced , the price should drop, which is great for all no matter which organisation you teach through or if you are a diver looking to buy a unit.

jamie, dahab is great, going to blue hole in an hour for a 100+ meter dive, cant wait to see the new trident in april, need a deck hand for the phuket - koh tao trip! i clean your underwear even, ah maybe not that, but i can spearfish and do some bbq along the way

jonas

AWARD WINNING PADI IDC AND TECHNICAL DIVING
    AWARD WINNING PADI IDC AND TECHNICAL DIVING

jonas@kohtao-idc-group.com

+ Reply to Thread