+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Feature Launched - Member Blogs / Web Space

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

New Feature Launched - Member Blogs / Web Space

Hi Guys and Gals,

We have a great new feature! Get your own web space / blog / photo album right here on RBW!

You will get a cool personal web site address - it will be in the format of http://username.rebreatherworld.com

The system makes publishing your own web site a dream! I only have 4 templates installed at the moment which control the look and feel of your site but I will be adding more shortly.

Go have a play and get your own website set up. Then add it to your signature!

You have to manually sign up as it does not auto pickup your username and password form the main site (maybe in the future).

The only condition is you use the same username on there as on the main RBW site!

Stuart

Confectioner to N@90 Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou's Avatar

Re: New Feature Launched - Member Blogs / Web Space

Stu - can live with the one for the moment :D

Signed up at weekend, will start posting something this evening :D

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

What a great idea! When I have a chance, I will start mine up.

Thanks.

Southern Monkey Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon's Avatar

Will this work when users have a space in their username?

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbon
    Will this work when users have a space in their username?
    no afraid not
    well louby lou didn't work

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

If I pick a background and then want to change it, can it?

Confectioner to N@90 Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou's Avatar

What's a slug?

Except one of these....

It says a slug will be used to generate nice permanent links; then there is a blank box type thingy. What do I do with it, if anything?

Southern Monkey Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon is just really nice Gibbon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Louby Lou
    It says a slug will be used to generate nice permanent links; then there is a blank box type thingy. What do I do with it, if anything?
    I will never forget standing on a slug in bare feet, it squelched up between my toes - so I went into the house and put my foot under the shower to remove the sticky stuff... 5 minutes later I was there scrubbing my foot properly and now 20 years later I remember the feeling like it was still 5 minutes ago.

Slugs are very sticky..
    • Slug is a short title for a story, usually not more than a word or two.
    • In the production process of print advertisments, a slug or slug line, refers to the "name" of a particular advertisement. Advertisements usually have several markers, ad numbers or job numbers and slug lines. Usually the slug references the offer or headline and is used to differentiate between different ad runs.
    • In typesetting, a slug is a piece of typemetal imprinted by a Linotype machine; also a black mark placed in the margin to indicate an error (as by TeX).
    Sorry dont know more about it

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDadMiami
    If I pick a background and then want to change it, can it?
    Yes you can change your template at any time.

Stuart

Meg dealer / IT MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto's Avatar
    Meg, Pathfinder, Sentinel, MK6

Optima and Inspiration

That is cool Stuart, everyday the RBW gets better!!!
    I'll do mine a soon I've some time.
    Cheers,

Mike - www.protecdiving.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast