+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: What's the Best Drysuit?

RBW Member offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro's Avatar
    rEvo, FGT, Boris

Meg

Re: What's the Best Drysuit?

Ursuit is an excellent suit, if it fits!

My Ursuit is now my spare suit and my primary suit is One. One is produced by Ursuit for Arctic-Diving in Sweden so it has the same quality but better fit.

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

My faves are the DUIs CF200 AND TLS350, the latter dries quicker and travels better. A Mobbys Armorshell I used was pretty decent, too, at less than half the price.

My experience with DUI. I have a 15 yo TLS 350 that has been a great suit. It is old and worn but does a great job and rarely springs a leak. Light weight, easy to repair and dry's quickly.

I had an older CF which I sold in a moment of insanity and tight money crunch. Heavy dry then very heavy wet but in the water it swims the best. Mine fit like a glove until I got back in shape and lost some weight I carried for a while. Even then it fit very well. Takes days to dry out which make the very rare leak hard to fix while on a dive trip. Also hard to make weight when traveling by air with it.

Have a new TLS 350 custom that I have owned for about 3 years. My SO and I bought them together both custom. Fit is excellent but that is about the only good thing I can say about the suit. The neoprene socks are different material than my old CF was made out of and both of ours have had numerous leaks. The seam seals are not nearly as well done as my 15 YO. The material is considerably thinner on the newer suit. The old suit has thousands of dives in tight wrecks and caves. If we did not get key man pricing I would not have spent the money on another DUI but the custom price was too good to pass up.

Others mileage will vary. Most of our diving is in caves and a lot of mine is in side mount stuff fighting to get through. The SO has not been in very tight passage though and she has had almost as many leaks as me and possibly more in the socks.

Sorry I can't chime in on what I would buy today but at least you know what I would not.

Bobby

RBW Member Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge's Avatar
    rEvo II

Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by bobby  View Original Post
    My experience with DUI. I have a 15 yo TLS 350 that has been a great suit. It is old and worn but does a great job and rarely springs a leak. Light weight, easy to repair and dry's quickly.

I had an older CF which I sold in a moment of insanity and tight money crunch. Heavy dry then very heavy wet but in the water it swims the best. Mine fit like a glove until I got back in shape and lost some weight I carried for a while. Even then it fit very well. Takes days to dry out which make the very rare leak hard to fix while on a dive trip. Also hard to make weight when traveling by air with it.

Have a new TLS 350 custom that I have owned for about 3 years. My SO and I bought them together both custom. Fit is excellent but that is about the only good thing I can say about the suit. The neoprene socks are different material than my old CF was made out of and both of ours have had numerous leaks. The seam seals are not nearly as well done as my 15 YO. The material is considerably thinner on the newer suit. The old suit has thousands of dives in tight wrecks and caves. If we did not get key man pricing I would not have spent the money on another DUI but the custom price was too good to pass up.

Others mileage will vary. Most of our diving is in caves and a lot of mine is in side mount stuff fighting to get through. The SO has not been in very tight passage though and she has had almost as many leaks as me and possibly more in the socks.

Sorry I can't chime in on what I would buy today but at least you know what I would not.

Bobby
    I concur with what you said. I think the TLS350 material changed too. I'm not sure how you easily you repaired your suit. But my circa 2004, there was no glue on the market to stick anything to it. Everything came off, pockets, knee pads, etc. I eventually had all accessories sewn on. And in 2006 I upgraded to a CF200, which I love.

I would not buy another DUI suit though unless I'm offered a custom price too. This has less to do with the quality than the fact that a dive suit should not cost more than 1/2 of your rebreather. There is something seriously wrong with that picture. The only reason they are priced so high is because people continue to buy them, even as the quality continues to deteriorate. Surely there are better options out there.

Train Wrecked Canadian Tekdive has a spectacular aura about Canadian Tekdive has a spectacular aura about Canadian Tekdive has a spectacular aura about Canadian Tekdive has a spectacular aura about Canadian Tekdive has a spectacular aura about Canadian Tekdive has a spectacular aura about Canadian Tekdive's Avatar
    rEvo hccr

KISS CLASSIC

Quote Originally Posted by Serge  View Original Post
    But my circa 2004, there was no glue on the market to stick anything to it. Everything came off, pockets, knee pads, etc. I eventually had all accessories sewn on..
    This is very true.. however we feel we have a product and a process now that will take care of this...however it is painful application.. you can only do a small area at a time and it takes 48 hours to cure.

so doing all the seals in a suit.. has taken months. when you can only do two small sections a week it makes it tough..

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

The Rolls Royce of Drysuits is Diving Concepts.

Diving Concepts Main Page

Best regards,
    Chett. L

I have and dive a few.

CF200 is a good suit but really heavy. Tough as nails. I hate DUI's cuffs though.

Gates Rubber suit. I have 2 of these for commercial diving. Not really recomended but easy to patch on the dive boat and have been great for me.

Gates/Hunter VSN1100 Is tough as nails and has a lil fles in it. Have 2 of these and they are just outstanding. I bought the second when one of the boots sprung a leak and I sent it out to get fixed. Other then that, Love the boots on them and the suit is super tough. It's really close to the CF200 on strength. I haven't punctured either the CF or the VSN ever but have come up covered in red from the rust and dragging through the wreck. Love the Gates/Hunter heavy duty cuffs too. Lot of contact with the wrist.

Hunter Sport Pro-VSN 1100

The TLS350 from DUI was not for me. Had one and punctured it around 5 times. Great suit but not for wrecks.

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

I've been diving a DUI CF 200 for a few years. It's the most comfortable suite I've owned... my fourth dry suite. What has me a bit less than ecstatic about it is that I have heard rumors that the company has been taken over by new management and that they are cutting corners, to squeeze more profit out of the line, like on the quality of the neoprene and seals. I have not been able to substantiate if the rumor is just BS or not.

I don't know if it's a coincidence or if the rumor is true, but my suite now has 3 leaks in it with only moderate use. One of them is a visible pin hole, something I've heard is common with the lesser grade of neoprene being used now. can anyone else substantiate this trend?

The suite is heavy when whet, but that has never been a problem and it is wonderful underwater in every other respect.

g
    Last edited by Gill Envy; 25th March 2010 at 19:29.

Gill Envy

Monkeywench ljj is just really nice ljj is just really nice ljj is just really nice ljj is just really nice ljj is just really nice ljj is just really nice ljj is just really nice ljj is just really nice ljj is just really nice ljj is just really nice ljj's Avatar
    Megalodon

+1 for the CF200 :)

RBW Member Neil Vic is an unknown quantity at this point Neil Vic's Avatar
    Evolution Plus

Waterproof Draco drysuit I'm very pleased with... I've got one thats been chewed by Seals three times with no leaks. (the aquatic type, not military !). An instructorfriend has logged 1000+ on his !!!.

Just make sure it fits ! I had legs shortened by O3(Portland,UK) and it's now so comfortable.......Stuff wearing a semi... Even use the Draco in the Red Sea.

Seal****

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast