+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: What's the Best Drysuit?

Bob Sweeney bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi's Avatar
    KISS Spirit LTE

KISS Classic

Re: What's the Best Drysuit?

I have the Kevlar suit. It is very lightweight and I don't have any issues with the suit but the add on parts have been a problem for me. They use the SiTech pee valve. It was not tightened down when it arrived so the first dive was a big soaking. Once we realized the valve was not silicones in but screws in, that hasn't been an issue. I didn't realize how tall the valve is and the first one I had a bad one way valve so water ran into the suit freely until, it was replaced under warranty. I still think I'm going to replace it with something with a lower profile at some point.
    On my 2nd or 3rd dive I was around some concrete in very low vis water and it felt like I had a light touch on my foot with the concrete. My foot immediately started to get very wet. After the dive I found a 1/2" cut in the 2mm tech boot on the top of the ankle. This was patched but I ended up replacing the tech version of the boot with their standard boot which has better protection.
    The last problem I had was with the Anteres dry gloves. Either the left or right glove would leak badly every dive. The dealer finally determined that the cuffs were installed incorrectly. So my last dive was my first completely dry dive finally! Hopefully tomorrow's dive will also be dry...
    I've had several second thoughts about this suit, but the dealer has worked with me to get everything straightened out.

RBW Member dspe is an unknown quantity at this point dspe's Avatar

Unhappy Re: What's the Best Drysuit?

Quote Originally Posted by bobmaggi  View Original Post
    I have the Kevlar suit. It is very lightweight and I don't have any issues with the suit but the add on parts have been a problem for me. They use the SiTech pee valve. It was not tightened down when it arrived so the first dive was a big soaking. Once we realized the valve was not silicones in but screws in, that hasn't been an issue. I didn't realize how tall the valve is and the first one I had a bad one way valve so water ran into the suit freely until, it was replaced under warranty. I still think I'm going to replace it with something with a lower profile at some point.
    On my 2nd or 3rd dive I was around some concrete in very low vis water and it felt like I had a light touch on my foot with the concrete. My foot immediately started to get very wet. After the dive I found a 1/2" cut in the 2mm tech boot on the top of the ankle. This was patched but I ended up replacing the tech version of the boot with their standard boot which has better protection.
    The last problem I had was with the Anteres dry gloves. Either the left or right glove would leak badly every dive. The dealer finally determined that the cuffs were installed incorrectly. So my last dive was my first completely dry dive finally! Hopefully tomorrow's dive will also be dry...
    I've had several second thoughts about this suit, but the dealer has worked with me to get everything straightened out.
    For replacing the p valve for a nother make it wont be so easy the si tech valve has a hole about twice the size of all the others

Bob Sweeney bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi has a spectacular aura about bobmaggi's Avatar
    KISS Spirit LTE

KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by dspe  View Original Post
    For replacing the p valve for a nother make it wont be so easy the si tech valve has a hole about twice the size of all the others
    Luckily I have my own machine shop so I should be able to create something that works and have the right diameter for the hole

RBW Member Franck13 is an unknown quantity at this point Franck13's Avatar
    Vision Inspiration all options

kiss poseidon lard ....

Talking Re: What's the Best Drysuit?

Quote Originally Posted by Serge  View Original Post
    OK, I know it's a loaded question. And the answer is probably the one you currently own. So here is a question to the experts out there... What is the best fitting, most comfortable, durable, good looking, and cost effective suit out there for cold water wreck and cave diving?
    For me it's the Topstar ,trilamined cloth + neopren yamamoto ,interior plush exterior jersey, with many options possible after it's in function choices.

Franck

RBW Member Mako Janecek is an unknown quantity at this point Mako Janecek's Avatar
    CCR Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetickle  View Original Post
    Being that I live four mile's from Steve Gamble's shop I'm having Steve custom fit a SF Tech Trilam Kevlar. Steve says SF Tech is the best and he's now a dealer. That's good enough for me. I'm very excited.
    I've SF Tech Kevlar Pro and it is the best choice I think ....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7