+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 65

Thread: What's the Best Drysuit?

  1. #1
    RBW Member Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    939
    rEvo II

    Evolution

    What's the Best Drysuit?

    OK, I know it's a loaded question. And the answer is probably the one you currently own. So here is a question to the experts out there... What is the best fitting, most comfortable, durable, good looking, and cost effective suit out there for cold water wreck and cave diving?

  2. #2
    LAR Addict RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    721
    LAR VI FGT LAR VI Clone

    OMG MK4 CDV and MK4 CSC

    Re: What's the Best Drysuit?

    I like my Ursuit Heavy light FZ cordura very much and from what I have read about it itīs realy durable and tough, also the price is very good! Used by the military so it have to bee quite strong!

    When I bought it I realy did a long search about which suit I will buy and the ursuit was the suit which made it finaly.

    Also the ursuit underwear is very good, I dived the heavy underwear + ski underwear this winter in 0°C water for around 60-100 minutes and never got cold! I use 1,5mm neoprene socks and dry gloves with wrist seals. Never had a problem with the suit in the year I dived it now.

  3. #3
    RBW Member Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe is a glorious beacon of light Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    485
    Megaladon

    Re: What's the Best Drysuit?

    One that doesn't leak ....

  4. #4
    CCR, Tek & Cave Inst. Yannig73 is an unknown quantity at this point Yannig73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    21
    Megalodon

    Submatix & rEvo

    Re: What's the Best Drysuit?

    Hello,

    The best dry suit ??? Depends of you... What do you like ? Trilaminate or compressed neoprene ? So for those last ones, I really like those:

    SF TECH

    Very strong and comfortable

    Friendly,

    Yannig

  5. #5
    RBW Member Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    939
    rEvo II

    Evolution

    Re: What's the Best Drysuit?

    Quote Originally Posted by RGMag  View Original Post
    I like my Ursuit Heavy light FZ cordura very much and from what I have read about it itīs realy durable and tough, also the price is very good! Used by the military so it have to bee quite strong!

    When I bought it I realy did a long search about which suit I will buy and the ursuit was the suit which made it finaly.

    Also the ursuit underwear is very good, I dived the heavy underwear + ski underwear this winter in 0°C water for around 60-100 minutes and never got cold! I use 1,5mm neoprene socks and dry gloves with wrist seals. Never had a problem with the suit in the year I dived it now.
    Thanks Magnus. So you decided not to get Santi? I'm afraid we don't have an Ursuit dealer in the US, that I know of. Otherwise looks like a solid drysuit.

    How does it compare to the CF200? Same weight and feel? I have a CF200 now, which I like a lot but it's a bit heavy. Plus it either shrunk over the years, or I'm getting fat. (I think maybe a little bit of both.)
    Last edited by Serge; 15th March 2010 at 01:52.

  6. #6
    RBW Member Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    939
    rEvo II

    Evolution

    Re: What's the Best Drysuit?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yannig73  View Original Post
    Hello,

    The best dry suit ??? Depends of you... What do you like ?...
    Quote Originally Posted by Serge  View Original Post
    ...the best fitting, most comfortable, durable, good looking, and cost effective suit out there for cold water wreck and cave diving...


    Thanks for the suggestion.

  7. #7
    John Billings CapeClipper is an unknown quantity at this point CapeClipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    40
    rEvo

    Dolphin

    Re: What's the Best Drysuit?

    Hi Serge - Don't know if it's legit, but I found this on the Ursuit homepage for US:
    Ursuit USA

    12 Liberty Trail

    Harwich, MA 02645

    USA

    +1 508 432 6050

    sales(at)ursuitusa.com


    BR,
    John

    Quote Originally Posted by Serge  View Original Post
    Thanks Magnus. So you decided not to get Santi? I'm afraid we don't have an Ursuit dealer in the US, that I know of. Otherwise looks like a solid drysuit.

    How does it compare to the CF200? Same weight and feel? I have a CF200 now, which I like a lot but it's a bit heavy. Plus it either shrunk over the years, or I'm getting fat. (I think maybe a little bit of both.)
    Last edited by CapeClipper; 15th March 2010 at 02:46.

  8. #8
    RBW Member Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    939
    rEvo II

    Evolution

    Re: What's the Best Drysuit?

    Quote Originally Posted by CapeClipper  View Original Post
    Hi Serge - Don't know if it's legit, but I found this on the Ursuit homepage for US:
    Ursuit USA


    12 Liberty Trail


    Harwich, MA 02645


    USA


    +1 508 432 6050


    sales(at)ursuitusa.com



    BR,
    John
    John, thanks for the info. I'll check it out. Hope your rEvo is treating you well. I've been conversing with Hank over the winter, he's been working on his rig a little bit. Best regards, Serge

  9. #9
    Supporting Member kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    us ct.
    Posts
    649
    Classic Kiss Hammerhead

    Sport Kiss Hammerhead

    Re: What's the Best Drysuit?

    Hi Serge
    Divers Cove in Essex Ct. has the Ursuit
    Home
    They streched out the arms on my Bare, but my next suit will be the Ursuit tough as nails.
    They should be at BTS

  10. #10
    RBW Member Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    408
    LAR VI ,CDBA, Fenzy po68

    Dolphin,Ray,Copis,Sports kiss

    Re: What's the Best Drysuit?

    Otter brittanic with a front zip latex cuffs and neoprene neck scubapro hood and mares gauntlet gloves.
    Fourth elephant underwear, drybase,therma and artic. Three sets of socks, silk, ski socks and wooley calf height socks
    Commercial work ; A Bare with a back zip same underware hood and gloves. I use this suit for sport diving if it really gets cold.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts