+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which sorb for LAR

LAR Addict RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag's Avatar
    LAR VI FGT LAR VI Clone

OMG MK4 CDV and MK4 CSC

Which sorb for LAR

Hi folks, this question is for all the guys who dive LAR´s, no matter which model.

Which sorb are you using and which times did you get from one scrubber fill?

I dived Spherasorb in all my dives until now, but this was pool diving only as it is too cold outside.

I now wanted to try sofnolime but don´t know which type, will the 797 work or is it too small particle size for the LAR/Dolphin scrubber? Is the CD grade better for it?

Regarding the CD grade, the absorbing capacity is stated as >100 l/co2 per kg and on the spherasorb it is >120 l/co2 per kg

From what I have read now, all the sofnolimes are superior to spherasorb but is it true for the LAR in shallow depths?

797 or CD grade???

Closed Account anton610 is an unknown quantity at this point anton610's Avatar

Re: Which sorb for LAR

Hello,

I'll use the sofnolime 1-2mm, i think i've heared that it absorbs a little bit more co as the 2-4mm sofnolime...

Regards Anton

RBW Member udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn's Avatar
    prism,larv/tubx,leba54,dolphin

mk15,lar vII, ray

the screeen size holes on the dophin scrubber are larger than the real lar (i just last week went threw this) so use the same size as the dolpin unit sonfolime 4-8 on the lar i use 6-12 i get 3-4 hours on it in 10 c but i like to dump it at 3 magnus dont think the scubbers are the same, they are not i did and it almost bite me .........steve

LAR Addict RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag's Avatar
    LAR VI FGT LAR VI Clone

OMG MK4 CDV and MK4 CSC

I´ll check the dolphin scrubber and my lar scrubber when I´m home tonight. I thought the grid size was the same.

I think the 797 sofno will work but maybe the WOB is shitty with it?

I will buy both types and try it out to see what works best.

Duration ist stated from Dräger with Drägersorb as up to 4 hours, so 3 on sofno should be safe I think.

RBW Member RZEP17 will become famous soon enough RZEP17 will become famous soon enough RZEP17 will become famous soon enough RZEP17 will become famous soon enough RZEP17's Avatar

I am using 8-12, but mostly, because I am using it, in my all others rebreathers. No issues with WOB. However sometimes some of the smallest particles get through the scrubber grit while you fill it. So probably 4-8 would be a better choice.
    Last edited by RZEP17; 10th March 2010 at 15:36.

RBW Member Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote has a spectacular aura about Dean Coote's Avatar
    LAR VI ,CDBA, Fenzy po68

Dolphin,Ray,Copis,Sports kiss

The military are using the drager sorb . They get four hours endurance .
    Not sure of there temps though try the drager website .

Dean

RBW Member RZEP17 will become famous soon enough RZEP17 will become famous soon enough RZEP17 will become famous soon enough RZEP17 will become famous soon enough RZEP17's Avatar

Drager scrubber it is and old design and it is more affected by temperature comparing to, lets say, Oxy NG. In temps around 4C you can get a failure, as soon as, 2hrs.
    rgrds
    Tomek

LAR VI FGT LAR VI Clone

OMG MK4 CDV and MK4 CSC

I have a cold water neoprene sleeve for my LAR VI scrubber which should work quite well in cold conditions (it´s original dräger, don´t know what times they get with it)

I think I´ll just buy both types now to compare them.

Quote Originally Posted by RGMag  View Original Post
    I have a cold water neoprene sleeve for my LAR VI scrubber which should work quite well in cold conditions (it´s original dräger, don´t know what times they get with it)

I think I´ll just buy both types now to compare them.
    I believe it was part of Mod 2 improvement. Between other changes, fiberglass scrubber was replaced with one made of urethane. Somewhere around 2005.
    rgrds
    tomek

RBW Member sub5 is an unknown quantity at this point sub5's Avatar
    APD-EVP, LAR V, LAR VII

Dräger recomenmds to use the "divesorb pro" for the LARs which is not avialable for non military use. I dive the LAR V and the VII wirth the normal Drtäger Dive Sorb without probs.

kind regards Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Coote  View Original Post
    The military are using the drager sorb . They get four hours endurance .
    Not sure of there temps though try the drager website .

Dean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast