+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: TSA rejects Sorb!

So Cal Tech Diver aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie's Avatar
    Meg

Inspo (when it works)

Re: TSA rejects Sorb!

Quote Originally Posted by divetheworld  View Original Post
    I'm not getting into a bun fight, I'm bashing the TSA, not the USA.
    Fair enough. they piss me off too!!

Quote Originally Posted by starfishdiving  View Original Post
    How long do we put up with this? WHAT??!! You don't want to come here? Fine, stay the hell home or go someplace else. I for one do not give a husky rat's patoot! One of the best things about the USA is our citizens right to be able to make statements like yours and mine and others on a public forum. I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death the right to say it. Yes, it is a loose quote from a fine American Patriot. Look it up. The history lesson may inspire you.
    How long have you in the UK put up with your beaureaucratic nonsense and attacks by certain factions that want to see your country dead and gone?
    When will you all realize that the US has the most open borders and immigration policies in the western world? There are a lot more countries in this world that have much tougher travel/immigration policies than ours. I do not accept the idea that we can ever be compared to the Berlin Wall. Knowing the history of modern Europe, how dare you make that statement.

OK, so a few folks have had some problems with our TSA. Yes, this agency needs some serious leadership overhaul. I do not dispute that in the least. But do not call for a "Fatwah" against travel to the US. What does that accomplish? How about we all do a big time letter writing campaign with all sorts of quotes about MSDS, etc to the TSA? That assumes this is a major crisis...which it is not!
    Hey! Mexico confiscated someones 'sorb. Where is the call to stop all travel to that country?

Yep, I am not happy. Why? Maybe it has to do with being a
    many year veteran of the USA military, maybe it has to do with my love of this country while still admitting it has warts and all. One little screwed-up agency does not take away those feelings. I love most of my family members too! That doesn't mean I can't criticize 'em. We all appreciate the "Fun" in Dysfunctional. Show me any government and I'll show you bad and good folks in bad and good agencies. Administrations come and go...bureaucracy lasts forever! To hell with this! I'm going diving. Dive safe!

Randy Williams,
    Guess whose radio is tuned into Rush Limbaugh... :)
    Andrew Ainslie

Buhlmann = Bend and Mend
    VPM/RGBM = Mend and Bend
    GF 35-50/70-85 = Mend and Mend

Casual Sport Kiss Pilot RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut's Avatar
    Sport Kiss

Back to the topic!
    I have flown numerous times with Sorb from Europe to the US, and from the US to Central America (Panama). Never ever has my sorb been confiscated.
    The most detailed checks about my sorb I have experienced in Hungary and in Switzerland. At the Zurich airport, the police showed up at the gate with my bag wondering what is in it. After showing and explaining them what it is, showing the proper documentation on the sorb and duplicates in my carry on, the cops were happy and even drove my bag over to the airplane where it was loaded in the cargo hold.

Or just do it like some friends did last year on a trip to Panama. They filled their sorb into Kitty litter buckets, attached some cat toys on them and checked it in that way. At the Tocumen Airport, the guy who checked the bags just took a quick look what it was and probably thought.....hmmm those people must not know that we do sell kitty litter here in Panama.

What could be a TSA solution. Just as TSA was able to learn about tanks, why can´t TSA learn about Sorb. Maybe if 20 people write letters if TSA can establish a standard and post it on their website, just like tanks. Or adopt the nice description that Continental has on their web-site about sorb, that might solve some of the problems some divers have encountered in isolated incidents.

I belive that here in the US, when a TSA guy refuses to let sorb fly, it has to do with them not knowing with what they are dealing with. And of course, they want to cover their end, and that results in a "NO" answer. And that means for the traveler, who sits at the shorter end of the table, he/she is screwed.

That is just my 2 cents, for whatever it is worth...

RBN

RBW Member moley has a reputation beyond repute moley has a reputation beyond repute moley has a reputation beyond repute moley has a reputation beyond repute moley has a reputation beyond repute moley has a reputation beyond repute moley has a reputation beyond repute moley has a reputation beyond repute moley has a reputation beyond repute moley has a reputation beyond repute moley has a reputation beyond repute moley's Avatar
    50% of an Apoc iCCR

Meg Eccr. Sports Kiss.

How long do we put up with this? WHAT??!! You don't want to come here? Fine, stay the hell home or go someplace else. I for one do not give a husky rat's patoot! One of the best things about the USA is our citizens right to be able to make statements like yours and mine and others on a public forum. I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death the right to say it. Yes, it is a loose quote from a fine American Patriot. Look it up. The history lesson may inspire you.
    How long have you in the UK put up with your beaureaucratic nonsense and attacks by certain factions that want to see your country dead and gone?
    When will you all realize that the US has the most open borders and immigration policies in the western world? There are a lot more countries in this world that have much tougher travel/immigration policies than ours. I do not accept the idea that we can ever be compared to the Berlin Wall. Knowing the history of modern Europe, how dare you make that statement.

OK, so a few folks have had some problems with our TSA. Yes, this agency needs some serious leadership overhaul. I do not dispute that in the least. But do not call for a "Fatwah" against travel to the US. What does that accomplish? How about we all do a big time letter writing campaign with all sorts of quotes about MSDS, etc to the TSA? That assumes this is a major crisis...which it is not!
    Hey! Mexico confiscated someones 'sorb. Where is the call to stop all travel to that country?

Yep, I am not happy. Why? Maybe it has to do with being a
    many year veteran of the USA military, maybe it has to do with my love of this country while still admitting it has warts and all. One little screwed-up agency does not take away those feelings. I love most of my family members too! That doesn't mean I can't criticize 'em. We all appreciate the "Fun" in Dysfunctional. Show me any government and I'll show you bad and good folks in bad and good agencies. Administrations come and go...bureaucracy lasts forever! To hell with this! I'm going diving. Dive safe!

Randy Williams,

RBW Member thumpr is on a distinguished road thumpr is on a distinguished road thumpr's Avatar
    rEvo II hybrid

I think that brent was trying to make the point that if you don't like the US customs and immigration then you shouldn't travel there. I think on that point you both agree.

When will you all realize that the US has the most open borders and immigration policies in the western world? There are a lot more countries in this world that have much tougher travel/immigration policies than ours.
    You have obviously not travelled much if you believe this to be true.

I travel all over the world for work and the US is by far the most unpleasant immigration and customs experience I have to deal with. I have found Indonesian customs and immigration to be a walk in the park in comparison but maybe I have just been lucky...

Mike

An independent diver. bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso is just really nice bletso's Avatar
    MCCR Dolphin

How long do we put up with this? WHAT??!! You don't want to come here? Fine, stay the hell home or go someplace else. I for one do not give a husky rat's patoot!

Randy Williams,
    Now that's a typical american response!

FWIW, yes our immigration policies are very liberal, especially for illegals. It is much harder to get here if you follow the rules.

Dale

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

And here's your chance to voice your concern. Surely he's heard of lime, being in the army and all...

Obama nominates ex-Army general to head TSA - CNN.com

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

When will you all realize that the US has the most open borders and immigration policies in the western world? There are a lot more countries in this world that have much tougher travel/immigration policies than ours.Randy Williams,
    I got to call BS on this statement. I should know as I just went thru it and took my oath for US Citizenship yesterday in Philly.

Seems even though Obama was in the city he could not spare the time to show up and say a few inspiring words to a new citizen. In fact he could not even show up in video as they could not get the Blueray player to work.

John

Gilberto Bonaga, Italy gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo's Avatar
    Kiss with Hammerhead

Draeger Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by thumpr  View Original Post
    I travel all over the world for work and the US is by far the most unpleasant immigration and customs experience I have to deal with.
    Try to go in Lybia. You will learn a whole new meaning for the world "custom". Especially now, where they don't accept visa issued from theyr embassy.

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by bletso  View Original Post
    FWIW, yes our immigration policies are very liberal, especially for illegals
    Dale
    Company owners are really the INS when it comes to illegals. As a company owner try getting raided by the INS and fined for illegals even though the proper documentation was on file and confimed by the various government agencies prior to hire.

John

RBW Member aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson's Avatar
    Boris, Sentinel

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by thumpr  View Original Post
    I think that brent was trying to make the point that if you don't like the US customs and immigration then you shouldn't travel there. I think on that point you both agree.

I travel all over the world for work and the US is by far the most unpleasant immigration and customs experience I have to deal with. I have found Indonesian customs and immigration to be a walk in the park in comparison but maybe I have just been lucky... Mike

I can only agree with some of the above. I do a good amount of travel inside and outside the US.I just ship the Sorb in advance. And avoid to deal with TSA.
    I am not surprised about the inconsistent "Thousends Standing Around" behavior. And you will not observe the same faces working for them over times. It just shows how competent the government is.

It is starting with fingerprinting everyone not holding a US Passport since begin of 2009. We can ask how many copies they need?

"We call it our tax money at work". And it is not "peanuts" I contribute.

I had certified (orginal) Birth certificates rejected by a county employee. The reason was it was not printed on the latest Forms. And she asked me to get replacement copies for a fee. How rediculouse.....
    I asked her to show me the law. This stopped the episode instantly no other questions were asked and I could file the Passport application.

It is alarming how bad it has gotten. You need to know the regulations?
    We can observe the same in a lot of areas in every day live. Qualified and Experienced individuals are missing in both the Industry and the Government.

Andreas

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast