+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: PFO Closure and flying

debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole's Avatar
    KISS Spirit & JJ-CCR

Kiss Classic & Sport, Kiss GEM

Re: PFO Closure and flying

Congratulations! Dive safely!

Retired mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Quote Originally Posted by debersole  View Original Post
    Congratulations! Dive safely!
    Thank you Doug, I'll be building up gradually beginning with a couple of dives on a rEvo and JJ-CCR in early July. And I'm going to finish off my BSAC Dive Leader over the next couple of weeks on OC (all of the major OC tasks and the exam are complete).

Steve
    Last edited by mitchole; 18th June 2010 at 07:02.

RBW Member Mctutums is an unknown quantity at this point Mctutums's Avatar
    Never!

Talking Re: PFO Closure and flying

WOW, I can fly after a PFO closure??? I just read this thread!
    I had a tunnel PFO closed with a device, anti coagulated, I didn't know I could fly already!
    Oh closure done latter March.

That would be great if I could!!

debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole's Avatar
    KISS Spirit & JJ-CCR

Kiss Classic & Sport, Kiss GEM

There is no restrictions for flying after PFO closure (as long as there is no diving involved). I've had several patients fly back home the day after the procedure.

Doug

RBW Member DWelz is an unknown quantity at this point DWelz's Avatar

Hello to all, I have just find this forum looking for information of heart pain or pressure when flying after a PFO closure. I had no problems of pain or pressure before the closure, but after that I feel heart pain And presSure feeling around 7 minutes after take off, then a discomfort during the fligth and finally an intense heart pain and pressure around 25 minutes before landing growing while landing, it stops when the airplane has landed but there is still heart disconfort until it dissappears when I am in total rest during 30 min or 1hour. I have similar pain when traveling by train, bus or car, but it is not so intense, and it disappears earlier. It is now one year from my PFO closure, and I have had no answer for this jet, now I wonder if it could be dangerous, and I am worry because last fligth (one month ago) the pain was so intense while landing that makes me vomit, and having the heart discomfort during the rest of the day. I used to fligth 6/8 times per month before the closure without no problems, that's why I think that could be related to the closure. I wonder if any of you had have similar symptoms or you know why it could happen or if it could be dangerous. Sorry for the extension of my post and thank you in advance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3