+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PFO Closure and flying

Retired mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

PFO Closure and flying

I'm booked in to get a large PFO closed on 23rd March. I'm also booked for a ski holiday in France, flying out on the 28th. Anyone flown soon after the operation? It'll be 5 days after the op!

Closed Account Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Re: PFO Closure and flying

Seems to me that is a question best asked of the surgeon. I would not just be concerned about flying, but skiing as well.

Art

Retired mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Quote Originally Posted by Art Greenberg  View Original Post
    Seems to me that is a question best asked of the surgeon. I would not just be concerned about flying, but skiing as well.

Art
    Yes, you're right and the hospital have just got back to me and said it will be fine to go skiing. I suppose how much I ski will be determined by how I'm feeling. I was just curious to see if anyone had had any issues with flying and exercise soon after the op.

RBW Member Dive Sprite will become famous soon enough Dive Sprite will become famous soon enough Dive Sprite will become famous soon enough Dive Sprite's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Dyson

Blimey, skiing after a PFO operation? I was laid up for 10 days, no driving or work while my inside leg healed.

JJ-CCR

Quote Originally Posted by Dive Sprite  View Original Post
    Blimey, skiing after a PFO operation? I was laid up for 10 days, no driving or work while my inside leg healed.
    It's the Northern/Cumbrian way of going about things. Women are back at work (In't pit) hours after giving birth and the laal wains up chimneys by age five!
    Tuff bugas us Cumbrians marra!

debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole's Avatar
    KISS Spirit & JJ-CCR

Kiss Classic & Sport, Kiss GEM

No problem whatsoever with flying after the procedure. I close them routinely on people referred to me who fly home the day after the procedure. I simply recommend they not doing any heavy lifting for several days (like really heavy luggage) after the procedure. That has absolutely nothing to do with the PFO or the closure device -- I just don't want them to strain and bleed from the puncture sites in their groin.

debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole is a splendid one to behold debersole's Avatar
    KISS Spirit & JJ-CCR

BTW, I've mentioned here before that I'm doing a study with DAN on divers with PFO who continue dive -- both those who have had the PFO closed and those that have elected not to. PM me if you'd like to review the forms and possibly enroll. It's simply an enrollment form and then you'll be contacted annually for five years to see how you're doing.

Thanks!

Doug

JJ-CCR

Quote Originally Posted by debersole  View Original Post
    BTW, I've mentioned here before that I'm doing a study with DAN on divers with PFO who continue dive -- both those who have had the PFO closed and those that have elected not to. PM me if you'd like to review the forms and possibly enroll. It's simply an enrollment form and then you'll be contacted annually for five years to see how you're doing.

Thanks!

Doug
    All done Douglas, I completed the forms last week.

KISS Spirit & JJ-CCR

Thanks!!!!

Doug

JJ-CCR

Liverpool, Broadgreen Hospital for 2PM tomorrow for bloods then the closure on Wednesday out (hopefully) sometime Thursday. Don't you just love the NHS? HERE WE GO!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast