+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 3D Printing

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

rEvo MFT/rMS, Micro II mCCR,

Re: 3D Printing

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Starfish  View Original Post
    Starting to play with my new printer. I had a loop failing negative last week and no idea where it was, but wanted to isolate it at least to one lung or something.

So I made some block-off plugs:

Don't know if you can make out the crushed hose but they held a decent negative for half an hour. I then opened the DSV to release the pressure and got an unexpected (but understandable) test of the inhale mushroom - the crush on the inhale side wouldn't go away. I ended up having to pull that hose off the DSV and pop the mushroom out to release the vacuum.

Now, Paul has a good point. When it first came off the printer I could suck air through it just by popping it in my gob and inhaling. Five minutes with a brush and acetone to soften and mush the outside layers together, half an hour to sit and let the acetone evaporate, and it was happy with the light vacuum.

I wouldn't trust it with a 7 bar fitting. But atmospheric kinda pressure differentials with the right surface treatment? Not too bad. And for the serious pressure stuff there's nothing stopping us from printing a female mould and shooting resin or something into that: solid, strong, etc.
    The block-off plug looks good.

Send from P5

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Re: 3D Printing

I had issues with them so moved onto something else much more recently - works pretty well now.

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showt...r-for-an-Inspo

I was just shocked about how well the stuff held serious pressure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2