+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Interesting RB in Casleguard Alberta Canada

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Interesting RB in Casleguard Alberta Canada

I just got the latest issue of Canadian Caver magazine and had to share this cover shot
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

The Evolution of Diving diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob's Avatar
    Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

Re: Interesting RB in Casleguard Alberta Canada

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    I just got the latest issue of Canadian Caver magazine and had to share this cover shot
    No picture??

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by diverrob  View Original Post
    No picture??
    Doh!
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn's Avatar
    prism,larv/tubx,leba54,dolphin

mk15,lar vII, ray

what is it ,the mouthpiece looks like a prism one ?

www.casj.co.uk casjcave is an unknown quantity at this point casjcave's Avatar
    Inspiration

Homebuild x 2

It's a home made unit using a dolphin scrubber, hoses and DSV. Picutre is of Martin Groves (UK CDG) in Castleguard. The story is that over two years he passed the sump which was about 800m long. They are going back to explore the passage beyond. Lots of Canadian cavers involved I understand.

cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by casjcave  View Original Post
    It's a home made unit using a dolphin scrubber, hoses and DSV. Picutre is of Martin Groves (UK CDG) in Castleguard. The story is that over two years he passed the sump which was about 800m long. They are going back to explore the passage beyond. Lots of Canadian cavers involved I understand.

cheers,
    Chris
    If you look carefully on the left of the photo - you can see a square bit of pipework which is one of my needle vavle and bypass assemblies:

There are two of these running from each sidemounted cylinder of nitrox. The system is semi-closed (IIRC) with some Oxycheck PPO2 monitors.

Duncan

Krisz Angyal LoopBrother is an unknown quantity at this point LoopBrother's Avatar
    MK15x,LARVI

Inspiration,Optima,Drägers,IDA

Very interesting !
    Thanks for posting !

hmmm for sumps .... a good idea to use a (scr) little frontwearn rebreather unit !

Save Dives
    Kind Regards
    Krisz

RBW Member PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG's Avatar
    Meg

Fenzy PO68 Dolphin

It is important to know that this rig, and all the kit including camping and caving gear, was skied in. Yes, on snow, in the winter, up a glacier, and over a mountain.

Another good reason for the choice of a small and simple bit of kit.

I helped carry for the 1997 effort. We had Parks Canada permission to fly the heavy stuff in. Lots of issues with the compressor at altitude. the cold. And mostly, dragging the many tanks through several hundred meters of no standing room passage to the sump. Denis Weeks and I missed a poorly marked turn and ended up doing the trip twice on one of the carries. I thought he was going to expire.

Peter

RBW Member nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by PeterVICEG  View Original Post
    I helped carry for the 1997 effort. We had Parks Canada permission to fly the heavy stuff in. Lots of issues with the compressor at altitude. the cold. And mostly, dragging the many tanks through several hundred meters of no standing room passage to the sump. Denis Weeks and I missed a poorly marked turn and ended up doing the trip twice on one of the carries. I thought he was going to expire.
    So that's why he moved to Mexico. Can't blame him!

RBW Member Bubble Boy has a spectacular aura about Bubble Boy has a spectacular aura about Bubble Boy has a spectacular aura about Bubble Boy has a spectacular aura about Bubble Boy has a spectacular aura about Bubble Boy's Avatar
    PRISM TOPAZ

RAY, DOLPHIN, BIOMARINE RAPTOR

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Price  View Original Post
    If you look carefully on the left of the photo - you can see a square bit of pipework which is one of my needle vavle and bypass assemblies:

There are two of these running from each sidemounted cylinder of nitrox. The system is semi-closed (IIRC) with some Oxycheck PPO2 monitors.

Duncan
    Strangely enough Duncan he doesn't seem to be wearing the tried and tested green wellies.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast