+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: U853/USS Bass in Rhode Island - gauging interest

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

U853/USS Bass in Rhode Island - gauging interest

Hey folks,

Just a feeler to gauge interest on a weekend double header here in RI.

Idea would be day 1 diving the U853 (German sub sunk in WWII, 110-130fsw), and day 2 diving the USS Bass (US sub scuttled shorttly after WWII, 150-165fsw).

The likely logistics plan would be to leave the dock early on a Saturday AM, dive the 853, then overnight aboard the boat at anchorage on Block Island. Day two dive the USS Bass, then head home.

Again, just gauging interest, but ballpark cost would be $400 inclusive of gratuity, 5 divers required to go, 6 ppl max. Diving from M/V Explorer.

If of interest, I'd take the reigns organizing, but need some ideas on dates from folks...natually can't make everyone happy, but would do my best. Earlier in the season the better while we still have blue water offshore.

Closed Account Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Re: U853/USS Bass in Rhode Island - gauging interest

Mike,

What do you mean by earlier in the season? Here in NJ, when we get blue water it tends to be late in the season, August and September. Is RI really that much different?

Tina and I are interested if the dates work out. We've already booked a lot of the season. Open weekends for us are in July (10/11, 24/26) and September (18/19, 25/26).

Art

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

I've found the best visibility here is best now actually, but April/May was what I was thinking. I spoke with Dave this AM, and it looks like Explorer will be in action mid May to make a run, so will see...

I'll keep you posted and will jot down your available dates as well..

RBW Member sherwood is an unknown quantity at this point sherwood's Avatar
    rEvo II Standard

I'm in! Did this trip last year on the Explorer and had a blast!
    Just say when

rEvo Shearwater tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13's Avatar
    rEvo

I'm interested. I have a small window in May but am interested. Sherwood I'm sure Steph would also go, we could make a road trip.

Tony

RBW Member sherwood is an unknown quantity at this point sherwood's Avatar
    rEvo II Standard

Quote Originally Posted by tony13  View Original Post
    I'm interested. I have a small window in May but am interested. Sherwood I'm sure Steph would also go, we could make a road trip.

Tony
    That sounds good to me, I know both Ken and Steph were talking about it last week.

RBW Member Stephan Mc has a spectacular aura about Stephan Mc has a spectacular aura about Stephan Mc has a spectacular aura about Stephan Mc has a spectacular aura about Stephan Mc has a spectacular aura about Stephan Mc has a spectacular aura about Stephan Mc's Avatar
    Megalodon

I am interested. When I spoke with Dave he mentionded a 3 day Fri, Sat Sun. But I am not against the weekend only. I'm just greedy...... Besides, I have every other Fri, Sat and Sun off.
    Warm Regards,
    Steph

RBW Member Jeffrey C Gershen will become famous soon enough Jeffrey C Gershen will become famous soon enough Jeffrey C Gershen will become famous soon enough Jeffrey C Gershen will become famous soon enough Jeffrey C Gershen's Avatar

Very Interested. May not April and not Memorial Day weekend.

homebuild/custom

3-days are possible, and would make for more diving of course. Price would spike, as the boat is for hire by the day.

I'm perusing my calendar and will throw out some ideas soon....

RBW Member NJdiver85 is an unknown quantity at this point NJdiver85's Avatar

I'd be interested, but my only available weekend when I'll be in the U.S. in the spring is May 8-9, so if that's the date, let me know!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast