+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to Forums

RBW Member whereismyrebreather is an unknown quantity at this point whereismyrebreather's Avatar
    Meg

Drager

New to Forums

Hello all. I have been diving for sometime (early 90's), and left the Army to get into commercial diving. It was commercial diving that ended my love for diving. If I wasn't earning money, I wasn't getting wet. But it was technical diving that brought me back for fun, the planning and equipment made it fun for me.

I just started diving a Dolphin when I stopped diving for several years, I joined the police dive team which has got me back into the love of the sport. As I am living on the West Coast of Canada I am looking into a Meg (large community out here), but I would love to get my hands on a Mk15 or a CCR2000. This site has been a great resource for knowledge from you experienced folks. I may just be buying your used unit/s from you.

Smitty

Sic Semper Tyrannis NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER's Avatar

Re: New to Forums

Welcome, Dude.

so, where is your rebreather?

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Welcome on board.

Prince of darkness Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits's Avatar
    Megalodon

Welcome to the board Smitty, you're right there is quite a large community of Meg diver around here.

Al

Johnny The Hatch Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad's Avatar
    CCR2000, Megalodon, Homebuilt

Norge, FGT, mk15, KISS, Inspo

Hey Smitty, welcome aboard.
    As a fellow commercial diver i know what you are talking about...

Anyhow, any information you want on either the mk15 or CCR2000 let me know, i've got 2 CCR2000 and 1 mk15.

/johnny

Quote Originally Posted by whereismyrebreather  View Original Post
    Hello all. I have been diving for sometime (early 90's), and left the Army to get into commercial diving. It was commercial diving that ended my love for diving. If I wasn't earning money, I wasn't getting wet. But it was technical diving that brought me back for fun, the planning and equipment made it fun for me.

I just started diving a Dolphin when I stopped diving for several years, I joined the police dive team which has got me back into the love of the sport. As I am living on the West Coast of Canada I am looking into a Meg (large community out here), but I would love to get my hands on a Mk15 or a CCR2000. This site has been a great resource for knowledge from you experienced folks. I may just be buying your used unit/s from you.

Smitty

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Hi Smitty.

Nice to meet you on RBW

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Richard Huntrods sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy has a spectacular aura about sunnyboy's Avatar
    Prism Topaz

Quote Originally Posted by whereismyrebreather  View Original Post

Smitty
    Smitty,

I see by your profile you're in Nanaimo. That means you are in LUCK. My good friend, Dave Tomblin (wedivebc) is a Megaladon instructor out of Nanaimo, and could put you into one of those quite nicely.

While I'm a Prism diver myself (long story), I think the Meg is one of the two unit's I'd be looking at were I to have to do this all over again (given there's no Prism or Prism 2 at this time). And if I went Meg, I'd choose Dave as my instructor in an instant.

Dave is the thinking diver's technical instructor. I've helped him out on occasion by videotaping some of the training, and observed that he is an excellent technical dive instructor.

Give him a call or PM him here on the board.

Cheers,

-S

RBW Member wreckseeker will become famous soon enough wreckseeker will become famous soon enough wreckseeker will become famous soon enough wreckseeker will become famous soon enough wreckseeker's Avatar

ya wedivebc is the man to get with if you are intrested in the meg.I did most of my training with him right from ow 10 years ago and I am just finishing my adv. ccr trimix with him. He'll make ya work but he knows his s**t

RBW Member thrills is an unknown quantity at this point thrills's Avatar
    COPIS Megalodon

Hey Smitty.. nice to see another Meg hopeful on the island! We're well over 10 strong now!

I can also strongly recommend Dave Tomblin... I have taken all of my technical training from Dave, from adv nitrox through to Mod 1 on the Meg.. and definitely looking towards more from him in the future.

Good luck, and hope to be diving with you in the near future!

RBW Member whereismyrebreather is an unknown quantity at this point whereismyrebreather's Avatar
    Meg

Drager

Thanks you guys, I hope to get to know you local guys on the dive sites! Thanks for the input and the PM's from some of you.

Smitty

+ Reply to Thread