+ Reply to Thread

Thread: USS Monitor 2008 Expedition

ADM STAFF DivinDave is an unknown quantity at this point DivinDave's Avatar
    AP Evoluition

USS Monitor 2008 Expedition

August 19, 2008. Day three of our trip and scientific expedition to dive on the most famous warship of them all, USS Monitor. Protected in the first ever US Marine Sanctuary, the USS Monitor is slowly deteriorating. But just as the deterioration takes parts of the ship away, it inturn reveals something of itself and her heroic crew. This 3 minute presentation follows divers on their first dives to the great ship. Produced, written and narrated by David Ulloa of Valeo Films Inc.

The jungle CCR guy !!! brunospf is an unknown quantity at this point brunospf's Avatar
    Megalodon Apecs 2.7 with SW

Megalodon Apecs 2.7a

Re: USS Monitor 2008 Expedition

Congratulations. Very nice dive and video.

cheers,

Bruno

DOH! 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68's Avatar
    IDA72 - sorrta

Very nice. I just watched the raising of the monitor a few hours ago, well they raised the turret and sent it to the mariners museum.
    Thanks for sharing your video.

Cheers,
    Hunter

Surface Interval Clothing Pipnaintez will become famous soon enough Pipnaintez will become famous soon enough Pipnaintez will become famous soon enough Pipnaintez will become famous soon enough Pipnaintez's Avatar

Awesome video. I would love to film the Monitor. Very inspiring.

Thanks!

Phil Siswick, Tango PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

APD Inspiration, Evolution

Stunning - what a wonderful dive (and excellent video).

Cheers,

ADM / RBW Staff Walter Pickel is a jewel in the rough Walter Pickel is a jewel in the rough Walter Pickel is a jewel in the rough Walter Pickel is a jewel in the rough Walter Pickel is a jewel in the rough Walter Pickel is a jewel in the rough Walter Pickel is a jewel in the rough Walter Pickel's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Nicely done Dave...

ADM STAFF DivinDave is an unknown quantity at this point DivinDave's Avatar
    AP Evoluition

Thanks everybody..!! The wreck of the USS Monitor is one of my favorite wrecks dives of all time. I've seen other warships, but this one has character, history and a great story of the little ship that could. I'm working on going back to see her this summer and finish the documentary i started 3 years ago..!

BTW, I'll post day 1 & 2 later this week.

Thanks again for all the wonderful comments!!

Best,
    David

RBW Member Kieran Hatton is on a distinguished road Kieran Hatton is on a distinguished road Kieran Hatton's Avatar
    JJ-CCR, Inspo, Meg, X-CCR

Enjoyed it, thanks for posting.

Kieran