+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: which one??

  1. #1
    RBW Member dredge is an unknown quantity at this point dredge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    devon
    Posts
    2

    which one??

    Dear RB divers.. Im new to this and want to get into rebreathers.
    I'm split between the new eccr from submatix because of its lack off weight and relative compact size (+good looks) or the sentinal, again smaller than most other ccr's, not sure about the weight though..
    I'm into deep twins diving on wrecks but want deeper... any ideas??!!
    Many thanks...

  2. #2
    RBW Member jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sandnes, Norway
    Posts
    287
    rEvo III Micro FT

    Pelagian DCCCR

    Re: which one??

    Quote Originally Posted by dredge  View Original Post
    Dear Rebreather divers.. Im new to this and want to get into rebreathers.
    I'm split between the new eccr from submatix because of its lack off weight and relative compact size (+good looks) or the sentinal, again smaller than most other ccr's, not sure about the weight though..
    I'm into deep twins diving on wrecks but want deeper... any ideas??!!
    Many thanks...
    Sentinel? Small?

    Look into the Pelagian or the rEvo. Then we can talk small.

    The Pelagian weighs less than 11 kgs empty without tanks, and fits in your carry-on-luggage.

  3. #3
    RBW Member dredge is an unknown quantity at this point dredge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    devon
    Posts
    2

    Re: which one??

    just had a look at pelagian... not keen on front mount lungs.. i've heard submatix is only 15kg loaded..?!

  4. #4
    RBW Member jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sandnes, Norway
    Posts
    287
    rEvo III Micro FT

    Pelagian DCCCR

    Re: which one??

    Quote Originally Posted by dredge  View Original Post
    just had a look at pelagian... not keen on front mount lungs.. i've heard submatix is only 15kg loaded..?!
    The front-mounted lungs on the pelagian are actually very nice, but I see your point, and Im eagerly awaiting news from rebreatherlab.

    I would expect bmcls for pelagian would improve its marketshare quite a lot!

  5. #5
    Petri Keskitalo P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    277

    Re: which one??

    Quote Originally Posted by dredge  View Original Post
    just had a look at pelagian... not keen on front mount lungs.. i've heard submatix is only 15kg loaded..?!
    Hmm. Two 3l steel cylinders =10kg two 1st stages with hoses = 2-3 kg and sorb 2-3 kg. So there is about a kg or two left for the rest.
    Sounds very ultralight.

    Have a look at www.JJ-ccr.com
    you are welcome!
    Last edited by P3; 16th February 2010 at 03:31.

  6. #6
    RBW Member Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    939
    rEvo II

    Evolution

    Re: which one??

    Quote Originally Posted by dredge  View Original Post
    Dear Rebreather divers.. Im new to this and want to get into rebreathers.
    I'm split between the new eccr from submatix because of its lack off weight and relative compact size (+good looks) or the sentinal, again smaller than most other ccr's, not sure about the weight though..
    I'm into deep twins diving on wrecks but want deeper... any ideas??!!
    Many thanks...
    Revo III titanium mini hibrid. Fits all your stated requirements.

  7. #7
    Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Venice Beach, California
    Posts
    4,379
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

    Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

    Re: which one??

    I would buy a used one first, see if you really like it, you can always buy a new one later.

    Best regards,
    Chett. L

  8. #8
    Banned Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Australia, Sunny Sydney
    Posts
    721
    JJ, it rocks!

    Sports KISS

    Re: which one??

    Quote Originally Posted by dredge  View Original Post
    just had a look at pelagian... not keen on front mount lungs.. i've heard submatix is only 15kg loaded..?!
    Apart from travelling, the entire weight arguement is flawed,as the loop is a constant that doesn't go away, even if the total weight of a rebreather does.

    The positive buoyancy of the air / gas in the loop needs to be negated before one can descend. Then there's the diver, etc. etc.

    For that reason, I am perfectly happy with a +30kg rebreather: I use no lead.

    Of course, for travel, the lighter the better, but it's worth remembering that light weight = more lead on the dive.

    Um, a Sentinel is small? On seeing one for real I had the feeling of a hulking, lurking presence...

    cheers

    Andy

  9. #9
    RBW Member jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sandnes, Norway
    Posts
    287
    rEvo III Micro FT

    Pelagian DCCCR

    Re: which one??

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Del  View Original Post
    Apart from travelling, the entire weight arguement is flawed,as the loop is a constant that doesn't go away, even if the total weight of a rebreather does.

    The positive buoyancy of the air / gas in the loop needs to be negated before one can descend. Then there's the diver, etc. etc.

    For that reason, I am perfectly happy with a +30kg rebreather: I use no lead.

    Of course, for travel, the lighter the better, but it's worth remembering that light weight = more lead on the dive.

    Um, a Sentinel is small? On seeing one for real I had the feeling of a hulking, lurking presence...

    cheers

    Andy
    A Pelagian with alu-BP and 3l steel-cylinders is negative enough for me to not need any weights with a thin wetsuit. In freshwater, I would prefer alu40s, to not be too negative.

  10. #10
    RBW Member Kermit has a spectacular aura about Kermit has a spectacular aura about Kermit has a spectacular aura about Kermit has a spectacular aura about Kermit has a spectacular aura about Kermit has a spectacular aura about Kermit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hexham, Northumberland
    Posts
    176
    Submatix mCCR

    Re: which one??

    Quote Originally Posted by dredge  View Original Post
    just had a look at pelagian... not keen on front mount lungs.. i've heard submatix is only 15kg loaded..?!
    I've just weighed my Submatix full of gas and sorb. Including 4kg of lead bolted inside the unit, suit inflate bottle (2.5kg?), O2 monitors, knives, harness, wing etc, all ready to go, it weighs 30kg.

    But, as the other posters say, weight in the water is not critical. If you spend your time travelling by air it's all a different matter.

    ATB
    Ian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts