+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anyone know?

RBW Member desting is an unknown quantity at this point desting's Avatar

Does anyone know?

Hello I am new to the world of rebreathers and I am an experience diver but I want to take it to a new level. I just purchased a rebreather starter on e-bay and I was wondering if anyone knows what the value of it is I can't seem to find it anywhere I payed 750.00 dollars for it. Draeger Dolphin SCUBA REBREATHER SCR W/ Zeagle Octo-Z Thanks.

Supporting Member kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone's Avatar
    Classic Kiss Hammerhead

Sport Kiss Hammerhead

Re: Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by desting  View Original Post
    Hello I am new to the world of rebreathers and I am an experience diver but I want to take it to a new level. I just purchased a rebreather starter on e-bay and I was wondering if anyone knows what the value of it is I can't seem to find it anywhere I payed 750.00 dollars for it. Draeger Dolphin SCUBA REBREATHER SCR W/ Zeagle Octo-Z Thanks.
    For a Dolphin in good shape that seems like a pretty price to me.
    Get some training dont just jump in the pool with that thing.

Mark Hilley firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver's Avatar
    Kiss Sport

Dolphin, Ray, Homebuild

Welcome to RBW!

You did very well. $750 is a good deal. I saw the listing, and it has some extra goodies. They go anywhere for $500 for a piece of junk, to unrealistic people wanting $3000 for them. Original MSRP was $3500, with no electronics. You have the older model Dolphin. It has the piston 1st stage. It all works the same, just the hoses are goofy on the older ones.

A couple of things:

1) Get it serviced. They can be very unforgiving if not working properly.
    2) Get proper training. It can and will kill you. You won't even know it's happening.....you'll just go to sleep underwater.
    3) Get electronics for monitoring PO2. There's an AirZO2/Oxy2 on fleabay right now for $850. That's a really good price...about 1/3 from original MSRP. There are other options, but the AirZO2/Oxy2 was made specifically for the Dolphin.
    4) Get ready to spend more money. It's gonna nickel and dime you to death to get everything just the way you want it. Every time you turn around it's a few hundred bucks for this or that. Welcome to the world of rebreathers!

Take a look at some of my other posts. I asked a lot of the same questions when I first started. You can learn a lot just by surfing the site. I'm no guru, but I'm pretty comfortable with the Dolphin.....been using it for several years now. I'll be glad to answer any questions. There are lots of folks on here who know Dolphins very well, and all are happy to help.

Hope this helps.

FD
    Last edited by firemandiver; 12th February 2010 at 03:14.

RBW Member K Diver is an unknown quantity at this point K Diver's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

[quote=firemandiver;306619]Welcome to RBW!

2) Get proper training. It can and will kill you. You won't even know it's happening.....you'll just go to sleep underwater.

I agree with this. Training on these things is very imortant. They can be a lot of fun, or they can kill you.

Be safe,
    Keith

+ Reply to Thread