+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to RW and in Limbo

Retired mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

New to RW and in Limbo

Hello, after an eventful trip to Scapa in October I'm now in the limbo between finding out I that have a large PFO and getting it fixed, and as part of the many decisions I've made regarding continuing diving was to migrate to using a rebreather. I'd like to know if my Agir backplate and one piece harness and Njord 44lb (donut style) wing would be compatible with the JJ-CCR before I sell them; my twin 12's are now long gone.

RBW Member Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration is a jewel in the rough Dinspiration's Avatar

Re: New to RW and in Limbo

Hello

The Agir backplate and harness will fit. I don't know the Njord wing. There are two main points for the wing on a JJ-CCR: The elbow for the inflator hose has to be on the left side (front or back). A wing with the elbow for inflator in the middle of the wing (like some DIR style wings) will not fit. The top of the wing has to be quite flat. If there is too much material on top of the wing it can, while inflated, press the breathing hoses together.

Best regards

Dietmar

Retired mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole has a spectacular aura about mitchole's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Re: New to RW and in Limbo

Quote Originally Posted by Dinspiration  View Original Post
    Hello

The Agir backplate and harness will fit. I don't know the Njord wing. There are two main points for the wing on a JJ-CCR: The elbow for the inflator hose has to be on the left side (front or back). A wing with the elbow for inflator in the middle of the wing (like some DIR style wings) will not fit. The top of the wing has to be quite flat. If there is too much material on top of the wing it can, while inflated, press the breathing hoses together.

Best regards

Dietmar
    Thank You Dietmar,
    I've attached a picture of my wing and from what you say it will not be suitable for use with the JJ-CCR. What is the supplied wing and backplate like, I ask this because I prefer less clutter up front.
    Steve
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread