+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shark update

Sic Semper Tyrannis NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER's Avatar

Shark update

what is the real scoop on all the sharks I am hearing about on the news?

Every time I am down in FL diving, I am happy to see a shark, any update on the real scoop?

RBW Member Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee's Avatar
    OPTIMA

Re: Shark update

The Lemon sharks are mating. They do this every year.

Underwater Journal Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns's Avatar
    KISS Explorer & Spirit LTE

KIS Sport, KISS GEM, Dolphin

The sharks are here, here being predominately Palm Beach County, Florida for the same reason we have all the snowbirds from the north - to get away from the cold.

Correction to Diverlee's statement, the lemons are not here to mate yet. That doesn't happen till sometime between April and May.

I have an article in the latest issue of the Underwater Journal (http://www.underwaterjournal.com/issues/UWJ-issue14.pdf) that will shed some light on why there are here, where most of the tend to congregate, as well as what type you are likely to see.
    Walt Stearns
    Editor-in-Chief
    www.UnderwaterJournal.com

Closed Account onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime's Avatar

As Walt says, the Lemons are in. I visited Jupiter, FL the other week and spent some time diving with the Lemons. While I was there the visibility wasn't ideal but we had 40ft or so and seas of 3-5 then 7-9 the two days I went diving offshore. Saw plenty of Lemons at a site with a bunch of pillars (can't recall the name). Probably saw 20 in total with one getting within about 2 feet of me. Mostly they stayed a good 20 feet away from divers but once I got off on my own (the only person diving RB) that's when I got one to come in real close to check me out.

If you're interested I went out with Jupiter Dive Center and they ran a great op.

--Paul

Sic Semper Tyrannis NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER's Avatar

thanks for the great article and information, if I had some free time I would fly down and check it out. Seems like a great way to witness the wonders of nature first hand.

RBW Member Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee is just really nice Diverlee's Avatar
    OPTIMA

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Stearns  View Original Post
    The sharks are here, here being predominately Palm Beach County, Florida for the same reason we have all the snowbirds from the north - to get away from the cold.

Correction to Diverlee's statement, the lemons are not here to mate yet. That doesn't happen till sometime between April and May.

I have an article in the latest issue of the Underwater Journal (http://www.underwaterjournal.com/issues/UWJ-issue14.pdf) that will shed some light on why there are here, where most of the tend to congregate, as well as what type you are likely to see.
    Thanks Walt, I learned something new. I was just repeating what others had always told me.

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

arn't jarheads primarly concerned with the destruction of "wonders of nature" ?

Quote Originally Posted by swadiver  View Original Post
    arn't jarheads primarly concerned with the destruction of "wonders of nature" ?
    only when ordered to, Jeff.

otherwise I want to pet it, hug it, squeeze it,.................."rat-tat-tat"

CEASE FIRE! CEASE FIRE! Squeeze the kind animals NOT THE TRIGGER!
    Attached Images

Nailer99 Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith's Avatar
    Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by NEDIVER  View Original Post
    only when ordered to, Jeff.

otherwise I want to pet it, hug it, squeeze it,.................."rat-tat-tat"

CEASE FIRE! CEASE FIRE! Squeeze the kind animals NOT THE TRIGGER!
    LMAO! "HOW TALL ARE YOU?!!!!!?????"

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NEDIVER  View Original Post
    thanks for the great article and information, if I had some free time I would fly down and check it out. Seems like a great way to witness the wonders of nature first hand.
    C'mon down. It's been too long already.

+ Reply to Thread