+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Storage Bottles

RBW Member grunzster is an unknown quantity at this point grunzster's Avatar
    Not diving bubbless, no plans to in the future, and trying to cut back on web use, so no longer here

Storage Bottles

Would AL80s be ok to use a storage bottles to fill LP steel rebreather tanks from, or would I be better off with HP steel tanks, possibly 100s or even 120s?

Only reason I'm considering the 80s is I already have 4 of them that won't see much use after I start diving my KISS.

Made in England. Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk.'s Avatar
    Viale C.Colombo 75 Marina di Carrara. MS 54036 Italy

Re: Storage Bottles

Depends on how high you can fill them, and how big your RB bottles are, you'll have to try and see how mant fills you can get. (i presume your decanting with whips).

Not diving bubbless, no plans to in the future, and trying to cut back on web use, so no longer here

Well the AL tanks can be filled to 3000.
    And I'm probably going to use Faber LP12s for the rebreather which I think have a rating of 2650.

Made in England. Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk.'s Avatar
    Viale C.Colombo 75 Marina di Carrara. MS 54036 Italy

What, what, what! :o

It's all Greek to me PSI, i need a scientific calculator to keep up.

Why, in a perfect world you'd all 'HAVE' to go metric. :D :D :D

New Member guardian1 is an unknown quantity at this point guardian1's Avatar

Guess after Sat. You decided to keep your KISS order!
    Dive safe with it.....

New Member Muzz is on a distinguished road Muzz is on a distinguished road Muzz's Avatar

For every 100psi in the al 80 you will get 2.6cf, so you can't even fill a 13lp to 2640psi. As storage the are pretty worthless. Sell them or trade for the biggest set of lp steel you can find.
    Steve

Ok thanks for the math. After seeing that I was able to do some of my own.

So you really do need LP tanks, so you crank them up to even make it worth it?

By my math even an HP 100 would barely give you 2 fills, and a 120 still wouldn't even give you 3 fills.

And yes after Saturday I'm sold.:D

New Member DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge's Avatar
    Hammered Inspiration

GEM, DC55, AKA60

Quote Originally Posted by grunzster
    Ok thanks for the math. After seeing that I was able to do some of my own.

So you really do need LP tanks, so you crank them up to even make it worth it?

By my math even an HP 100 would barely give you 2 fills, and a 120 still wouldn't even give you 3 fills.

And yes after Saturday I'm sold.:D
    Get some LP steels and fill them to 3500-4000psi. I've been doing this for years and they still pass hydro with a + rating.
    Later,
    DC

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

I use a 300 bar 12ltr of diluent and a 235 bar 15ltr of 02. This works OK to give me about 12 fills, but of course the fills are really top offs not full fills. I end up getting the 300 bar re filled when it drops below 100bar. Ill run the 100% down to 80 bar. I was going to get a second 300 bar 12 but in the end I got a mini booster. This is OK but its a PITA getting the drive gas and it seems to use a lot of drive gas. I may invest in a little paint compressor to run the booster but its costing out at about £1100-1200 with the booster whips and compressor so its not a cheep option.

In the UK the AL80s we have are supposed to be 200bar max fill? the Faber steels are 235 bar.

ATB

Mark Chase

MixedGas gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan's Avatar

I use Luxfer 14s @ 2000psi and cascade from PST 130s. I get pretty good mileage out of that.

Andre

+ Reply to Thread