+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: helmets for cave/wreck diving

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

helmets for cave/wreck diving

my $10 streethockey helmet is about ready to be retired from diving service. What are folks using for diving? does anyone offer a watersport-specific helmet? Most helmets I've looked at seem like they would be very buoyant with the amount of foam padding in them..

thoughts?

RBW Member P.H.D. Deep Diver is an unknown quantity at this point P.H.D. Deep Diver's Avatar

Re: helmets for cave/wreck diving

Im loving my older styler niterider helmet, from leisurepro.com and at niteriderdive.com. I had to remove a bit of the foam to make room for my huge head but love the kit. Comes with light mount, which is where I mount my dual 14 HID nitrider dive light. Hope the info helps. I almost bought a kayaking helmet, but came across the Niterider.

CCR, Tek & Cave Inst. Yannig73 is an unknown quantity at this point Yannig73's Avatar
    Megalodon

Submatix & rEvo

Hello,

You can have a look at this one:

ECRINÂ*ROC | Petzl

Light but solid, adjustable, comfortable, convenient, and .... Very nice for cave diving I think. So, I have one and I'm very happy of it.

Friendly,

Yannig

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

Good ol' diverite cave diving helmet.
    Attached Images
    Jakub
    Golem Gear ShopKeeper
    www.golemgear.com

So Cal Tech Diver aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie's Avatar
    Meg

Inspo (when it works)

Quote Originally Posted by Yannig73  View Original Post
    Hello,

You can have a look at this one:

ECRINÂ*ROC | Petzl

Light but solid, adjustable, comfortable, convenient, and .... Very nice for cave diving I think. So, I have one and I'm very happy of it.

Friendly,

Yannig
    I ahve one of these. A useful addition - drill some holes in the top to let air out.
    Andrew Ainslie

Buhlmann = Bend and Mend
    VPM/RGBM = Mend and Bend
    GF 35-50/70-85 = Mend and Mend

Andrew Martin Ward AMW will become famous soon enough AMW will become famous soon enough AMW will become famous soon enough AMW will become famous soon enough AMW's Avatar
    KISS

Nome brew side mount

MY hat an Ace canoe helmet (same as above) unfortunately no longer made in this style.You can some times pick them up second hand.

Andrew
    A M Ward Blog
    Lot and Dordogne cave diving

Old hockey helmet with some mod´s,
    Attached Images

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

guess there is still alot of variety out there. My street hockey helmet has been good to me, but it had a few steel rivets holding the straps in place, which needless to say are long since rusted away. Time for an upgrage.

Does Dive-rite still mfg their helmets? I recall hearing that they were discontinued at some point?

thanks for all the input guys
    Last edited by OceanOpportunity; 18th January 2010 at 20:56. Reason: typo

www.andersonlemos.com.br Anderson is an unknown quantity at this point Anderson's Avatar
    Optima

I'm also looking for a dive helmet!

I have tried some Kite Surf Helmets (Protec and Jobe), but they are too positive...

I'm planning to remove some foam from the Helmet (or add some ballast) to make them more confortable.

If someone has a better idea, I'll appreciate!

Cheers!

Anderson Lemos
    www.andersonlemos.com.br
    www.fotosub.com.br

RBW Member nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anderson  View Original Post
    I'm also looking for a dive helmet!
    Me too

Just the plastic shell to go over the usual neoprine hood so I can strap some nice torches to it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast