+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pompano accommodtions

RBW Member ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl's Avatar
    Inspiration, rEvo micro

Pompano accommodtions

Hello SE Florida divers, 3 rebreather divers(2 inspiration 1 meg)if it matters
    are going to be in the Pompano Beach area Feb 11-13th. Wondering if there are any suggestions for accommodations.
    Last year stayed a few days at Ronny Dee's not too bad, but rooms kind of dark and on the small side. Is there anything in this general area the is clean and not overly priced(cheap divers).
    I have also stayed at the "Sands Harbor" hotel and found it to be pretty run down.

Thanks, Al

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

inspo, optima, KISS, submatix

Re: Pompano accommodtions

i have stayed at the days inn, it is cheap and mostly clean

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

sands harbor sucks, they once moved my friends stuff without notice and didnt move their safe, my buddies cash-$4k- was in another guys room for almost a day. and they had an attitude about it like we were wrong!

there is a days in in deerfield beach on the beach its right up the coast road, that or the one thats inland a little bit. they are ok.

for food there was a bbq place on a1a and flanagans oh and man i havent been to crabby jacks in a few years now

diverite express used to have a map with all of them on their web site, go look there.
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

RBW Member tinybubbles is an unknown quantity at this point tinybubbles's Avatar

You better jump on it, the Miami Boat Show is Feb 11 - 15. In previous years I have found it impossible to find a last minute room south of West Palm during the show. Maybe in this economy it will not be that bad.

No suggestions but the further North might be better.

Good Luck

RBW Member ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl's Avatar
    Inspiration, rEvo micro

Thanks for the help, Crabby Jacks. Did stop by there last time in the area. Don't remember much about the food, but oh the wait staff, nice..............
    Also thanks for the heads up on the boat show, didn't know about that.

Edit dates Feb11-15

Al
    Last edited by ScubaAl; 16th January 2010 at 13:32. Reason: edit dates

RBW Member diver1369 will become famous soon enough diver1369 will become famous soon enough diver1369 will become famous soon enough diver1369 will become famous soon enough diver1369's Avatar

There is a Best Western at the intersection of I95 and 10th St in Deerfield Beach that offers large rooms (actually two rooms - a bed room and a living room with fridge and wetbar) its convenient becaus you can be on I-95 on the Palm Beach/Broward County line in two minutes (12 minutes to Oliver's Avid Diver @ Alsdorf Park...)

And its cheap (big room for 2 for $85 or so...) I used to stay there before I got wise and moved to South FLorida...

john

+ Reply to Thread