+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RBW-Project Zodiac

DOH! 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68's Avatar
    IDA72 - sorrta

RBW-Project Zodiac

I F@#$'d the title and am waiting for help to change it!

In the interests of Open Source inginuity, I humbly submit this package for your pleasure (good or bad). Enjoy.

++=

Useing an ExtendAir canister in place of the tank on a lung arrangement (TACOPS BC or anything that resembles it), quadranting the inner "bag" into split lungs to match your lung volume). Sporting an Armadillo (or whatever BP/wing solution), sling 4 19's accross your back 2 up, 2 down (with the ups being an O2 and a BO w/reg) and the downs are travel and bottom mix or any combination that suits your need. 4 p-ports total, having the breathing hoses come from the original inflator/OPV locations and move the OPV above the EA. Adding SilentScuba's MAV connected to the existing port. 3 O2 sensors would be inside the EA can (I have a VR3 URM for the Pri/BU and HUD but anything someone wants would work here) mCCR style, I can see eCCR possible. All hose and wire routing would be under the lung in a way that, if there were a problem you could switch to OC, unhook the single air line, unclip the two bottom clip, let the unit float over your head and in a cylinder on your side (about the size of an 80cf): open the cover, pull out another rolled up unit (that is already connected to a diluent bottle inside the POD, place it over your head (the other one is still floating back there) click in the straps, unhook the POD DIL if not needed, click in the MAV block (from the primary unit, inject DIL, check ppO2 meter(this unit has a simple 3 cell monitor in a tube like the old Munroe style already installed). Once all corrected, unclip the Primary from behind, roll it up and put it in the POD. Quite possibly two POD units depending on depth having different DIL. Of course the POD unit could be used as a straight O2 unit as well, just attach bottle under the EA (may keep inflator and OPV on the POD unit for a built in BC, maybe)
    There would also be the Gemini project- two EAC's over/under horizontally (same location as the single, but adding another under) and building two rebreathers into the lung array.
    Of course there are alot of other "bits" necessary to complete, but, I'm sure the seed in now planted.

Cheers,
    Hunter

P.S.

The units Single Primary (LIBRA), Dual Primary (GEMINI) and BailOut POD (CANCER) should follow the above description. Any other built version of this design will be considered the RW-ZODIAC GROUP. Use one of the symbols as a designation of that design. This will remain open source on all aspects (no copywrite infringements) except for electronics, Of which will be your choice to share the innerworkings of. (lots of potential here)

P.S.S.

I took the Cancer symbol for the BO POD, firstly because of the meaning:
    "Just like the crab, once the BOB grabs hold, it won't let go."
    and secondly I didn't think anyone else would use it. Cancer will be replaced with just "CRAB" so it sounds better.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by 19Hunter68; 15th January 2010 at 06:27.

RBW Member sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave's Avatar
    Sports Kiss

Re: Project: RBW-LIBRA/I.C.E.B.O.X

Quote Originally Posted by 19Hunter68  View Original Post
    I F@#$'d the title and am waiting for help to change it!
    What'd you want it changed to?

DOH! 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68's Avatar
    IDA72 - sorrta

Re: Project: RBW-LIBRA/I.C.E.B.O.X

RBW-Project Zodiac

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sadave  View Original Post
    What'd you want it changed to?

IDA72 - sorrta

Re: RBW-Project Zodiac

So, has anyone actually incorporated the pneumatically controlled bailout option that the IDA-72 uses in its design? I was thinking, (OH HELL). If the TACOPS was to be used as lungs and an EAC for the scrubber, then looking at the IDA-72 BO solution, could that unit,placed between the lung and scrubber, effectivly close the loop to the point of changing the scrubber (with manual shut valve on the scrubber) and or change the lung (with manual shut valve on lung) i.e. once the BO option was engaged (now on OC) a manual lever could be closed to seal the lung and scrubber leaving a tube w/sensors and breathing hose with simple DSV (OC useing the breathing hoses vintage style) If/then the lungs and or the scrubber could be changed out. likewise, with a 2nd stage reg, the tube holding the sensors, breathing hose and DSV could be swapped. In essance a three part front mounted rebreather with spares in a side mounted tube. Just a ponder for now. I like to think out loud, sorry.

Cheers,
    Hunter
    Last edited by 19Hunter68; 22nd January 2010 at 10:21.

IDA72 - sorrta

Re: RBW-Project Zodiac

The change-out idea would probably be too bulky, but, A set-point readout (that was user definable for hi/low) used to trigger the BO and still have the manual switch available. This would be good.

Cheers,
    Hunter

+ Reply to Thread