+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WTD: Thoughts on advice on which to unit to choose...

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Re: WTD: Thoughts on advice on which to unit to choose...

Quote Originally Posted by frank_the_tank  View Original Post
    Hi,

I am in the military and someone told me the Inspo Vision was like a Chieftain Tank to the Sentinels Challenger 2
    Good analogy IMO.

Given your proximity to Stoney, are you sure youll be taking your CCR to the ocean? :) Pick the lightest one for the hike from the top car park down to the water.

Seriously though, the Sentinel is awesome but look at the size and weight. Its huuuuuuuggggeee and heavy.

Heres my analogy - the rEvo is like a Porsche 911. It does exactly what it says it does and nothing else. Performs extremely well, easy to drive, simple, tried and tested, reliable and consistent.

The sentinel is like a the new BMW M5. A bit overly complicated with its SMG gearbox, perhaps a bit temperamental and has lots of electronics to drive you nuts. :) Only kidding, its a quality unit if you want that kind of rebreather.

Dont discount the Meg either - another solid unit.

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

my tuppence. You're being offered a unit that has flaws. So do the sentinel, revo, kiss and every other rebreather out there. The advantages you have are that the unit is cheap, the training is free and its a well supported widget.

If it were me, I'd take the cheap option and learn loads from my own personal experience. Once I'd had enough, I'd sell the unit on (probably not making a loss)... and buy based on my own informed knowledge.

Another Dilligaf Diver nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer is a glorious beacon of light nicothesailer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EBT  View Original Post
    my tuppence. You're being offered a unit that has flaws. So do the sentinel, revo, kiss and every other rebreather out there. The advantages you have are that the unit is cheap, the training is free and its a well supported widget.

If it were me, I'd take the cheap option and learn loads from my own personal experience. Once I'd had enough, I'd sell the unit on (probably not making a loss)... and buy based on my own informed knowledge.

Spot on!

Closed Account anton610 is an unknown quantity at this point anton610's Avatar

Talking Re: WTD: Thoughts on advice on which to unit to choose...

not an eccr but cheap:

100 DOLLAR REBREATHER

Regards

Helium is addictive! Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman has a spectacular aura about Blomman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frank_the_tank  View Original Post
    I would welcome any advice. Clearly the easiest choice is the Inspo as I would save myself a sack load of cash. However, I would hate to spend what is still a considerable amount of cash only to decide I have made a mistake 6months down the line.

It's simple. Go for the Vision and spend the money you save on divetrips. If you later on want to switch unit the loss won't be big when selling.

// Blomman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2