+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: An An attempt to clear the misconception on CMF

Gilberto Bonaga, Italy gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo's Avatar
    Kiss with Hammerhead

Draeger Dolphin

Re: An An attempt to clear the misconception on CMF

Quote Originally Posted by trimix63  View Original Post
    Are you sure that the formula for the sonic orifice is applicable to the flow regulator of Azimuth or Voyager?
    RG
    Shortly: yes.

It is the general formula that describe the flow of any compressible fluid.

You can have a sonic flow in a pipe or in a restriction, the only needed condition is enough difference of pression.

iReb trimix63 is an unknown quantity at this point trimix63's Avatar
    Voyager

Satori

Thanks for answers, my question is about what appens when (Pa+Pi)/Pa
    became less then 2 (Pa=Ambient pressure, Pi=Pressure setting of 1st stage); i know that many user of voyager sets the Pi to 6bar, in this case when they go under 50 meter the flow in not in sonic regime i think ( i.e. 60mt. we have (6+7)/7=1.857), didn't it? In this case we must apply the complete formula of flow where are presents the PInlet and the POutlet.
    Maybe i mistake or i have somethings not clear.
    IMHO
    Thanks RG

RBW Member diveoceanos has a spectacular aura about diveoceanos has a spectacular aura about diveoceanos has a spectacular aura about diveoceanos has a spectacular aura about diveoceanos has a spectacular aura about diveoceanos's Avatar
    Megalodon

Quote Originally Posted by trimix63  View Original Post
    Thanks for answers, my question is about what appens when (Pa+Pi)/Pa
    became less then 2 (Pa=Ambient pressure, Pi=Pressure setting of 1st stage); i know that many user of voyager sets the Pi to 6bar, in this case when they go under 50 meter the flow in not in sonic regime i think ( i.e. 60mt. we have (6+7)/7=1.857), didn't it? In this case we must apply the complete formula of flow where are presents the PInlet and the POutlet.
    Maybe i mistake or i have somethings not clear.
    IMHO
    Thanks RG
    RG. In fact when you decrease the IP in the first stage you would expect lower flow near to the surface and deeper point where the O2 supply exceeds the metabolic needs. In any case the mass flow with a non-sealed regulator continous to increase according to physics even if you are diving beyond the sonic velocity limits!

What could be one single piece of opinion?

Monitor your O2! And make necessary adjustments. Be prepared to add enough O2 close to the surface. Lower IP means lower flow. Be prepared for diluent flush when you are going deeper.

iReb trimix63 is an unknown quantity at this point trimix63's Avatar
    Voyager

Satori

Quote Originally Posted by diveoceanos  View Original Post
    ... In any case the mass flow with a non-sealed regulator continous to increase according to physics even if you are diving beyond the sonic velocity limits!
    yah but i am not beyon the sonic velocity over 50mt., this what i mean.
    P.S. i use a DPV but i can not dive beyond the sonic velocity, at the moment...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3