+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: hose weights

RBW Member JohnDuncan is an unknown quantity at this point JohnDuncan's Avatar

hose weights

I have a KISS but I have been informed that loop hose weights for Draeger hoses will fit the KISS standard ones, anyone help with a supplier in the UK?

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Re: hose weights

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDuncan
    I have a KISS but I have been informed that loop hose weights for Draeger hoses will fit the KISS standard ones, anyone help with a supplier in the UK?
    All of these hose weights will work:
    • Draeger
    • AP Valve
    • Oxycheq (ring)
    So whichever easiest to get...

Curmudgeon babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie
    • Draeger
    • AP Valve
    • Oxycheq (ring)
    Someone posted a recommendation on welded rings from mcmaster carr. They wind up being about $2.00 each. About 10 per pound. They work great. I cant find the post, but when I get home I can post the item number.

Team Torrent Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babar
    Someone posted a recommendation on welded rings from mcmaster carr. They wind up being about $2.00 each. About 10 per pound. They work great. I cant find the post, but when I get home I can post the item number.

I listed the rings under the KISS gallery section.

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/galle...ges&c=4&page=2

Buying rings from Golem/Oxycheq might come out cheaper. Don't know about the freight.

Curmudgeon babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    I listed the rings under the KISS gallery section.

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/galle...ges&c=4&page=2

Buying rings from Golem/Oxycheq might come out cheaper. Don't know about the freight.
    Right you are Ken. I bought those And the oxy ones. The McMC's are thicker, heavier, and IMHO nicer.

RBW Member JohnDuncan is an unknown quantity at this point JohnDuncan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie
    • Draeger
    • AP Valve
    • Oxycheq (ring)
    I was tols that the AP ones might damage the hoses as they are slightly different size

Team Torrent Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken is a jewel in the rough Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDuncan
    I was tols that the AP ones might damage the hoses as they are slightly different size

In my best memory I think the AP hose is smaller diam. than the KISS hose. The McMaster rings fit well and as Babar kindly mentioned / experimented are heavier than the Oxy/Golem rings.

Darn...I should have marketed the McMaster rings as Ken specials and made .10 off of each.:p

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

Expensive in comparison but nearly trade for the UK ex delivery.

http://www.danshop.com/t51498.html

Good luck.

Brent
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

Here's a pic. of YBOD rings on a CK hose. Looks like a tighter fit...but they do fit.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Ken; 7th February 2006 at 20:27. Reason: pic too large

Closed Account onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime's Avatar

I bought some from Rob in the below thread and I'm pretty happy with them...

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/rebre...se+weight+KISS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast