+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: AP Evolution @ 120m+ ???

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Re: AP Evolution @ 120m+ ???

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post
    I just don't do enough 90m+ diving in a year to get fully comfortable with three deco tins.
    its the clutter of kit (and the drag) that get you.

How do you carry your tanks? Im guessing you dont use a sidemount rig?

If im doing a deep one where i need the gas i typically carry 2x al80s side mounted way back and out the way (you just dont know they are there) and 2 x al80s clipped off on chest.

Can be hard to swim with against any kind of flow but scootering isnt a big deal. To be honest I dont find going from 2x80s (for dives down to say 120m) and 4x80s for dives deeper or long, much of a difference.

Ive used this config so often im very comfortable with it and it doesnt cause me any kit concerns - just have to be aware of the drag.

On my last biggie I was carrying 4x80s in this way a 5L inflation gas, a 3L O2, two scooters, a bail out rebreather and a camera :) Kit heaven!

But like i said if you practice with the config, know where it all is and can handle (are aware of) the effect of drag, I dont think carrying 3 tanks should be an issue for anyone doing sub 100m dives..... Just standardise the way you rig it, dive that way often until you get used to it.

If you think carrying three thanks is tough you should have a word with Bruce. He swam this lot out the cave for us in zero viz!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Drmike; 25th February 2010 at 08:48.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9