+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New hassles at the airports?

Wannabe...diven sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit's Avatar
    the best oNe

Re: New hassles at the airports?

Quote Originally Posted by kybrt  View Original Post

you do realize that dont you? this is a fight to the death, not a squabble over land oil or water.
    The way TSA is I'm sure they believe this.

As one who has spent a lot of time in hot climates and seen their actions first hand I appreciate the sentiment, and agree.

Ryan Battles battles2a5 has a spectacular aura about battles2a5 has a spectacular aura about battles2a5 has a spectacular aura about battles2a5 has a spectacular aura about battles2a5 has a spectacular aura about battles2a5's Avatar
    rEvo II mini

Quote Originally Posted by DWill  View Original Post
    My guess is no more carry on's and increased checked baggage fees.
    You mean the baggage fees they introduced to offset the increased fuel costs? Oh, I'm sure those will go down as soon as the price of oil goes back down. Er... wait a minute.

RBW Member PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2's Avatar

Hello,

I'm just glad I have the MU2 for rebreather traveling. Unfortunately I'm heading from the US to the Ukraine next week and have to suffer the Department of Homeland (in)Security's approach to life. At least it's a photo trip and not a rebreather trip.

The real answer is for the government to say "There really isn't a 100% fool proof security answer that is compatible with our way of life. We do what we can reasonable do and you need to accept a very small remaining risk." Unfortunately the electorate demands the government does "something", so they government creates the next play in security theatre.

We get "security theatre", I'm just not certain if it is a comedy or a tragedy. Most likely it is farce. :D

So, if I was on the other side I'd send regular waves of of people into the airline mess with as many stupid methods I can think of and let the DH(i)S spend the world and the airlines into oblivion adding new and more annoying ways of screening for all the idiotic methods that get through.

bin Laden's original intend was to take away the sense of safety and security the citizens of the US felt. Where he failed the government succeeded.

Sincerely,

Paul
    Paul's first law states that the safety of an activity is determined by how forgiving of mistakes the activity is.

Paul's second law states that the difference between an adventurer and an explorer is whether the doing or the learning comes first.

"Don't be surprised if at the center of every hurricane in your life is an "I"." --paul gernhardt

Dive Deep and Dive Long Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf is a jewel in the rough Loanwolf's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by silentscuba  View Original Post
    Just get me a Cessna Caravan, provide the fuel and maintenance and I would be glad to haul Rebreather Divers around, no problem and no TSA BSSSSSS
    Or you just get your own and fly around I happen to like this one.

Montagne Aircraft — MOUNTAIN GOAT STOL™ Bush Plane and General Aviation Aircraft — 1. HOME

I beilve he still has plans to make a 250hp version that has a 250kt cruise.

Dave Mitchell akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst's Avatar
    KISS Classic Explorer

Kiss Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Loanwolf  View Original Post
    Or you just get your own and fly around I happen to like this one.

Montagne Aircraft — MOUNTAIN GOAT STOL™ Bush Plane and General Aviation Aircraft — 1. HOME

I believe he still has plans to make a 250hp version that has a 250kt cruise.
    No payload:
    Baggage Area, MAXIMUM WEIGHT: 350 lbs w 4130 Chrome Moly alloy airframe; 430 lbs w Titanium airframe

Stick with the Caravan or an Otter on floats. Beavers work well too.

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

inspo, optima, KISS, submatix

i know this is a wee bit off topic, but i am steaming mad about this too. i think we should have allowed every passenger on that flight to have had one kick or punch at the guy as they de-planed. thats seems like a fair punishment. personally i would have beat his head into a pulp if he was next to me!!! sorry out comes my not so passive but quite aggressive side.
    i am off to mexico in a week and dread the crap as i have two carry ons, my ccr and my camera case. i have friend in TSA so i have sent him a email asking whats up. i will pass this on once i know.
    also josh alaska has not officially changed there rules so you should be ok on thur. i am going to take my two carry on's on the following tue on. i will report how that goes later!!
    good luck everyone
    mel

Wannabe...diven sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit's Avatar
    the best oNe

Quote Originally Posted by scubagrunt  View Original Post
    i know this is a wee bit off topic, but i am steaming mad about this too. i think we should have allowed every passenger on that flight to have had one kick or punch at the guy as they de-planed. thats seems like a fair punishment. personally i would have beat his head into a pulp if he was next to me!!! sorry out comes my not so passive but quite aggressive side.
    i am off to mexico in a week and dread the crap as i have two carry ons, my ccr and my camera case. i have friend in TSA so i have sent him a email asking whats up. i will pass this on once i know.
    also josh alaska has not officially changed there rules so you should be ok on thur. i am going to take my two carry on's on the following tue on. i will report how that goes later!!
    good luck everyone
    mel
    Not Alaska I'm worried about, have a lay over at SEATAC so we have a hotel for the night. That's where TSA booted me last time. Thought you had that TSA location trained?

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

2 things come to mind.

1: it was a bomb in the underwear, since the explosive can be detected by bomb sniffing dogs, does this now mean every time I fly will the TSA have a dog stick his nose in my crotch?

2:This makes living in South Florida look even better.
    Monkey Diver Inc.
    Monkey Diver Travel Inc.
    http://www.monkeydiver.com

Dave Mitchell akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst's Avatar
    KISS Classic Explorer

Kiss Classic

Quote Originally Posted by sea2summit  View Original Post
    Not Alaska I'm worried about, have a lay over at SEATAC so we have a hotel for the night. That's where TSA booted me last time. Thought you had that TSA location trained?
    Just stay in the airport, I mean how tough can it be to spend the night with the wife and 3 kids under the age of 5.... Maybe TSA will babysit..,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey  View Original Post
    2 things come to mind.

1: it was a bomb in the underwear, since the explosive can be detected by bomb sniffing dogs, does this now mean every time I fly will the TSA have a dog stick his nose in my crotch?

Glad it wasn't up his ass....

the best oNe

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey  View Original Post
    2 things come to mind.

You need to dive Alaska you'd move.

Quote Originally Posted by akscubainst  View Original Post
    Just stay in the airport, I mean how tough can it be to spend the night with the wife and 3 kids under the age of 5.... Maybe TSA will babysit..,,,
    I have enough problems letting them touch my light bat, no way their watching my children.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast