+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: WANTED CÚdric Verdier

Nailer99 Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith's Avatar
    Megalodon

Re: WANTED CÚdric Verdier

Quote Originally Posted by rolanddiver  View Original Post
    I figured if ISC has his picture on their website than he must be good to go.

I'm not sure when, exactly, they took his picture off their site, but I noticed it was gone a few weeks ago:

Divers & Dives of Recognition

Edit- just noticed that he is no longer listed as an ISC approved instructor, either:

ISC Approved Instructor List
    Last edited by Joshua Smith; 29th December 2009 at 00:02.

DeepBlueInnovation Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath's Avatar
    Ouroboros

Prism

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post
    Do you honestly expect an agency to respond to a monthly automated email? Or even expect their co-operation?
    Not with that attitude.

Cheers,

Ben.

RBW Member Scubeedown is an unknown quantity at this point Scubeedown's Avatar
    Megalodon

Please, you certainly have a lot of good ideas, but if you want to discuss them, can you open another thread. It should be great if here we can stay focus on how to have a contact with CÚdric and testimonies of problems to find a solution with him.

Thank's

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Scubeedown  View Original Post
    Please, you certainly have a lot of good ideas, but if you want to discuss them, can you open another post. It should be great if here we can stay focus on how to have a contact with CÚdric and testimonies of problems to find a solution with him.

Thank's

If Cedric is out there, he will hear about this in due time...
    I cant say he will respond

RBW Member offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro's Avatar
    rEvo, FGT, Boris

Meg

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Heath  View Original Post
    The agencies don't seem to be doing a very good job of it, and the possibility of them working together to maintain a centralised list is somewhat far fetched.

As a group, RBW has a vested interest in providing the information. Once the initial list is compiled I would envisage that it would only take an automated email to be sent to each agency monthly requesting a list of any additions or removals so the list could be updated. From a technical perspective, this process could probably be automated with a little co-operation.

Cheers,

Ben.

Thanks for stepping up to the plate Ben.

You can start with:

Organize all the training agencies to deliver their up-to-date instructor listings data in an excel spread sheet

Find a software code writer to design an instructor data entry form area with auto up-date and edit capabilities

Than each month you can make sure all the data is up-to-date and current with all the listed instructors and agencies from around the globe.

Let me know when you have all this completed and ready to go.

I'll start by saying thanks for all this hard work and no pay...

OR the student could do what they are suppose to do and conduct some research on their own.

RBW Member PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post

OR the student could do what they are suppose to do and conduct some research on their own.

I don't think that would have helped in this situation -- he certainly was legit earlier, and the online references and searches certainly looked good. Sure, call the agency, but I don't think that has ever been suggested as a critical step to hiring an instructor. For most people the online legitimacy is what is referenced.

When someone heads south there is always going to be a few who get caught until the word gets around. Too bad there isn't a way to get the word into the googleplex where is is visible for the next folks looking.

Perhaps an intermediate solution RBW could do easily is an article about selecting an instructor with a large-type notice up front to check to make certain they are current with the agency referenced at the beginning of the article. RBW articles tend to have pretty good google visibility.

Sincerely,

Paul
    Paul's first law states that the safety of an activity is determined by how forgiving of mistakes the activity is.

Paul's second law states that the difference between an adventurer and an explorer is whether the doing or the learning comes first.

"Don't be surprised if at the center of every hurricane in your life is an "I"." --paul gernhardt

RBW Key Holder
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by PaulTG2  View Original Post
    I don't think that would have helped in this situation -- he certainly was legit earlier, and the online references and searches certainly looked good. Sure, call the agency, but I don't think that has ever been suggested as a critical step to hiring an instructor. For most people the online legitimacy is what is referenced.

When someone heads south there is always going to be a few who get caught until the word gets around. Too bad there isn't a way to get the word into the googleplex where is is visible for the next folks looking.

Perhaps an intermediate solution RBW could do easily is an article about selecting an instructor with a large-type notice up front to check to make certain they are current with the agency referenced at the beginning of the article. RBW articles tend to have pretty good google visibility.

Sincerely,

Paul

Awesome Idea Paul

Probably only need around 1200 to 1800 words with some reference links etc. I'll have my text editor, edit it for spelling.

So you think you can get this to me by, lets say Tuesday of next week?

Thanks

RBW Key Holder
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Maybe we are thinking of this problem in a wrong direction?

I would think it is also the responsibility of an active instructor to promote them-self. After all, he/she are the person providing a service for hire.

RBW offers several areas that are free for members to post about their classes.

1. A section to post photos about your new-satisfied students here

Introduce Your New Rebreather Divers - Rebreather World

2. A whole section dedicated to CCR training and training agencies.

Rebreather Training - Rebreather World

3. A section for RBW supporting members to post up-coming training course announcements. The $50 a year is a small fee and also helps RBW survive. One student a year from RBW would more than pay the member fee back.

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/rebre...announcements/

I think if I returned to teaching, posting information here on RBW and other forums would be of top priority. If I didn’t, than I guess I am not really needing any students?

Apprentice Meg Pilot kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu's Avatar
    Megalodon APECS 2.7

Scubeedown,

I did my CCR Trimix course with Cedric in April 2009. At that time he was still listed as an instructor on the ISC website so I didn't bother looking any further into his current standing. Later on I discovered that by this time he'd already lost his accreditation with various training agencies. Initially Cedric was good at keeping in touch, saying he'd look into my cert when I hadn't received it, but eventually he stopped communicating altogether. Eventually, I got it in touch with ANDI directly and I was fortunate that ANDI's representative in Thailand (where I had done my course) was able to sort me out with my card.

It may be worth following up with ANDI's representative for the region in which you did your course and see if they can sort you out, but if you did your course as recently as August 2009 you could be out of luck.

Best of luck,
    Kieran