+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: WANTED CÚdric Verdier

RBW Member Marc will become famous soon enough Marc will become famous soon enough Marc will become famous soon enough Marc will become famous soon enough Marc's Avatar

Re: WANTED CÚdric Verdier

Quote Originally Posted by fireman  View Original Post
    On his web site he is still claiming to be an IT for TDI and IANTD. ANDI is not on the web site though.
    Check the bottom corner of webpage (site has not been updated since 2004).

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

I thought more about the "Instructor" listing here on RBW. But I can't see how it would be kept up-to-date. RBW staff does not have the time, nor do we wish to track down instructors to see if they are current.

Yes it might be correct at first, but after a year goes by, it would not and could be misinformation...

Supporting Member DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill's Avatar
    HammerHead

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post
    I thought more about the "Instructor" listing here on RBW. But I can't see how it would be kept up-to-date. RBW staff does not have the time, nor do we wish to track down instructors to see if they are current.

Yes it might be correct at first, but after a year goes by, it would not and could be misinformation...
    Curt,

Something to think about.

Set up a opt-in data base for instructors.
    They can pay you for listing their names and affiliations.

The data entry would expire on the instructors renewal date unless paid current again. I'm sure there is a way to automate an email to the respective agency/agencies as well to validate the entry.

This wouldn't catch everyone but it would certainly catch most if not all the good guys.

I know if I were still current and teaching I would be glad to pay you a few dollars for being on the list...

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

Quote Originally Posted by DWill  View Original Post
    Curt,

Something to think about.

Set up a opt-in data base for instructors.
    They can pay you for listing their names and affiliations.

The data entry would expire on the instructors renewal date unless paid current again. I'm sure there is a way to automate an email to the respective agency/agencies as well to validate the entry.

This wouldn't catch everyone but it would certainly catch most if not all the good guys.

I know if I were still current and teaching I would be glad to pay you a few dollars for being on the list...
    its a good start Curt. am also voting for it. Green on its way.

Spyros

Classic Kiss diver Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty's Avatar
    Classic Kiss 165

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post

How about some sort of table of instructors, with cumulative scores from students who are RBW members, and members' confirmation of when qualifications were awarded by agencies. That way a prospective student could see if previous students rated an instructor well, and if they had recently been abe to issue certifications.
    In terms of liability it also has the advantage of merely being the RBW mmbers' opinions an experience.

Neil
    Last edited by Sutty; 28th December 2009 at 22:32.

Bubble free by choice steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss's Avatar
    rEvo

Meg

That sounds workable. No slagging of Instructors/Units. Just a list of who trained who and certification dates. You can see the active Instructors and their agencies and make an informed decision. Surely that's what RBW is all about.

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

isnt this what the agencies are all about?

"hey guys, I saw this round thing, great invention.... lets work on our own version"

DeepBlueInnovation Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath's Avatar
    Ouroboros

Prism

Quote Originally Posted by EBT  View Original Post
    isnt this what the agencies are all about?

"hey guys, I saw this round thing, great invention.... lets work on our own version"
    The agencies don't seem to be doing a very good job of it, and the possibility of them working together to maintain a centralised list is somewhat far fetched.

As a group, RBW has a vested interest in providing the information. Once the initial list is compiled I would envisage that it would only take an automated email to be sent to each agency monthly requesting a list of any additions or removals so the list could be updated. From a technical perspective, this process could probably be automated with a little co-operation.

Cheers,

Ben.

PreNarked jkromelow will become famous soon enough jkromelow will become famous soon enough jkromelow will become famous soon enough jkromelow will become famous soon enough jkromelow's Avatar

Buyer beware. You can call the agency and ask if the instructor is current - that is already in place. Call the Rebreather manufacturers and ask for instructor recommendations for your geography. You can ask the instructor for other student references and talk to them. You should make sure the instructor has current professional liability insurance by asking to see the insurance certificate. These are basic items anyone should consider before spending thousands of $$$ on training. This is basic research.

What we don't need is another instructor fee for something. What we don't need is publicly published student lists that may violate their privacy.

I know this thread is about Cedric. Don't know where he is. This may be a warning sign to others - in these tough economic times not all instructors have spent the $$ to stay current, or carry liability insurance. Better to find out before the course. The information is readily accessible.

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Heath  View Original Post
    Once the initial list is compiled I would envisage that it would only take an automated email to be sent to each agency monthly requesting a list of any additions or removals so the list could be updated. From a technical perspective, this process could probably be automated with a little co-operation.
    Do you honestly expect an agency to respond to a monthly automated email? Or even expect their co-operation?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast