+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: WANTED CÚdric Verdier

RBW Member PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2 is a name known to all PaulTG2's Avatar

Re: WANTED CÚdric Verdier

Hello,

I'm sorry, but if you Google Cedric Verdier he looks very legitimate. The first 40 entries show he is a very active and broadly known rebreather diver, instructor, rebreather author, and heads up some very intersting diving. Having read his wonderful articles in the past, I certainly would not have hesitated to take a course from him.

It is a shame that someone of this background would have run astray. It makes me very sad.

I don't think most folks would have thought of checking on the standings of their instructors with the agencies. I know I have not, I have relied on their activities on RBW and elsewhere to indicate what type of person they were. In this case I too would have been caught.

On the flip side, I doubt any lawyer would advise posting adverse information about anyone online (I am NOT a lawyer). I suppose the liability would be too great. In this case I imagine the logical legal advice would be to post a list of currently accredited instructors.

Sincerely,

Paul
    Paul's first law states that the safety of an activity is determined by how forgiving of mistakes the activity is.

Paul's second law states that the difference between an adventurer and an explorer is whether the doing or the learning comes first.

"Don't be surprised if at the center of every hurricane in your life is an "I"." --paul gernhardt

DeepBlueInnovation Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath is a splendid one to behold Ben Heath's Avatar
    Ouroboros

Prism

I like the idea of an accredited instructor list. It would make it much easier for students to look in one place and compare instructors. A grid style display could be set up for each agency with the instructor's name in the rows and the agency standard courses in the columns. A check mark in the course column would indicate the instructor's ability to teach the specific course. Optionally two columns for RBW supporting instructors to put a contact email and web link could be added.

Perhaps Joe could comment on whether this is something agencies would be interested in providing regular updates for?

This solution provides all the relevent information and has none of the negatives associated with a non-accredited instructor list. It seems to me to be exactly the sort of thing RBW was started for - to share information on rebreather diving world wide.

Cheers,

Ben.

RBW Member Scubeedown is an unknown quantity at this point Scubeedown's Avatar
    Megalodon

Red face Re: WANTED CÚdric Verdier

Quote Originally Posted by PaulTG2  View Original Post
    Hello,

I'm sorry, but if you Google Cedric Verdier he looks very legitimate. The first 40 entries show he is a very active and broadly known rebreather diver, instructor, rebreather author, and heads up some very intersting diving. Having read his wonderful articles in the past, I certainly would not have hesitated to take a course from him.
    Thank's I feel a little bit less idiot, it's exactly what i've done...!

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

I can assure you you not the only one feeling like that. I figured if ISC has his picture on their website than he must be good to go. what to do now? Here in hungary we have an up to date list of instructors online, and you can even rate them, so people has a place to look up and choose instrutors. it works very well.

Would a manufacturer sell someone a unit without presenting a c card as long as it is proven that she-he completed the class, met all the requirements etc but never received the card because of a situation like this?
    VR

Roland
    Last edited by rolanddiver; 28th December 2009 at 10:58.

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Heath  View Original Post
    I like the idea of an accredited instructor list. It would make it much easier for students to look in one place and compare instructors. A grid style display could be set up for each agency with the instructor's name in the rows and the agency standard courses in the columns. A check mark in the course column would indicate the instructor's ability to teach the specific course. Optionally two columns for RBW supporting instructors to put a contact email and web link could be added.

Perhaps Joe could comment on whether this is something agencies would be interested in providing regular updates for?

This solution provides all the relevent information and has none of the negatives associated with a non-accredited instructor list. It seems to me to be exactly the sort of thing RBW was started for - to share information on rebreather diving world wide.

Cheers,

Ben.
    Its a good idea, but it would take lot of effort to implement and keep current (plus most tech agenices have Regional HQ that are responsible for their local areas which complicates matters, there is even one RHQ (in europe) for a certain agency that broke away from their international HQ).. my suggestion as always is ask for student references from the instructor and contact them.. if the agency has a website check that to see if a person is listed (although thats no guarantee), and by all means check with the agency by email or phone...
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

Spree Driver wookie will become famous soon enough wookie will become famous soon enough wookie will become famous soon enough wookie's Avatar

I'm curious. From what I've seen, if I wanted to get certified on a particular unit, I would buy that unit through the manufacturer and it gets shipped to my instructor, who then completes my training. Once training is complete, the unit is given to me with an unlocked setpoint controller for air dil, and off I go to practice practice, practice. If I want training, but don't want to buy a unit at this time, I rent one from the instructor and get certified. If 2 of us are taking the course, the instructor must now have 3 rebreathers so we can all dive together. Does Cedric have 3 Megs, or did ISC ship him 2 Megs even though he isn't in good standing?

I've just never seen anyone take a course without buying a rebreather before, but I haven't seen it all yet.

rEvo combat swimmer fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman has a reputation beyond repute fireman's Avatar
    rEvo

Orca

Good point about the unit. Ah the real world intrudes in diving paradise. I suppose I will have to make a call to the agency before I take any classes. I also suppose this would be an arguement for instructors associated with stores or resorts. This guy must be a real douche bag not to have some agency affiliation. Also clearly its fraud to continually misrepresent one self this way. Try and get him to a jurisdiction with a friendly states attorney...Or track him down for a little street justice.

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

guys hi,

i am sad over this. i must say i never expected it, and please allow me to keep being curious yet, as i met Cedric and have had a great time with him, both during teaching but also during non teaching activities.

i can also say that i learned a lot from him, and i considered his training and ideas very good.

i have also tried to find out where Cedric is, and have wondered why he dissapeared. last i heard is that he was doing martial arts training to become instructor and thought he was changing life, or he was going for personal guard of rich people as he did qualify i guess...

what can i say? may i know why the agencies threw him out? is anyone who can inform us?

Thanks, and i am sorry for those who had the unfortunate luck of loosing their money. i also chose Cedric because of his reputation and articles i was reading, but i did get my c card, so did the guys i did refer to Cedric for teaching.

i dont know why he would do this to others. its so odd to certify some and not certify others.

please inform us if you have any news.

Thanks

Spyros

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by wookie  View Original Post
    I'm curious. From what I've seen, if I wanted to get certified on a particular unit, I would buy that unit through the manufacturer and it gets shipped to my instructor, who then completes my training. Once training is complete, the unit is given to me with an unlocked setpoint controller for air dil, and off I go to practice practice, practice. If I want training, but don't want to buy a unit at this time, I rent one from the instructor and get certified. If 2 of us are taking the course, the instructor must now have 3 rebreathers so we can all dive together. Does Cedric have 3 Megs, or did ISC ship him 2 Megs even though he isn't in good standing?

I've just never seen anyone take a course without buying a rebreather before, but I haven't seen it all yet.
    What makes you think they bought their Megs new from ISC? Used units are for sale all the time and don't usually get shipped to an instructor. If they bought used units, I at least commend them for getting training instead of just using them on their own.

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

They did the CCR Trimix class, and not MOD 1 so they already had their Megalodons.

VR

Roland

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast