+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ADDIS trip report - United Caribbean/Sea Emperor (with photos)

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

ADDIS trip report - United Caribbean/Sea Emperor (with photos)

Jeff, you had a rough day so I'll take it easy on you.....

Down4Fun and myself boarded the legendary Addis charters this morning for a 3 hour tour.

Weather, cold, skies cloudy, seas flat. No current 40+ vis. We anchored the United Caribbean, which lies about 100 yards from the Sea Emperor. We descended, and enjoyed a nice 120 minute runtime. Kim must have felt like the paparazzi were following her, as Jeff and I were both taking non-stop pictures.

Now the part you are all waiting for. Upon our return to "Trophy Hunter," Jeff breaks the ladder. So now none of us can get out. The decision is made that I will shed my gear and climb out, since Jeff is not physically fit enough to do so. I attempt to take off my rEvo, only to have the harness catch my drysuit valve, and then my handset cord traps my hand behind my back, almost drowning me in the process. (Kind of like the scene in Trains Planes and Automobiles, where John Candee gets his hands stuck by the seat controls while driving.) Finally, Jeff frees me from my ordeal, (who by the way is not wearing any fins, since he took them off when breaking the ladder) is floundering around like a mental patient and cursing, while Kim is laughing at both of us. Despite this circus attempt, I manage to get out of the water, and on to the boat. In all the chaos, my drysuit had flooded, and I am now standing in the 50 degree wind, with soaking wet undergarments.

I manage to pull my gear up, and then begin to assist Kim out of the water. Kim endures a similar struggle (thank you single webbing harnesses) but manages to board without incident. Jeff finally drags his ass on the boat, while I bring up his Optima and bailout bottles.

After much fuss, we store gear, and begin to pull up the anchor, which should be in the sand, inverted so it won't catch anything. Only, whoops, it's not in the sand, it's caught on some f-ing reef. Someone has to go back and get it. That someone turns out to be Jeff, who jumps back in the water. He frees the anchor, only to have to go through the cursing leaderless entry routine.

Anyway, another pleasant trip brought to you by Addis charters! Here are some shots....

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Re: ADDIS trip report - United Caribbean/Sea Emperor (with photos)

See there. It isn't just me that he does this crap to.

Where are the pics?
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Kim on the rEvo

Fresh from her class, Kim wastes no time penetrating wrecks....

Jeff taking an award winning shot, I'm sure

Kim poses, while Jeff takes a leisurely stroll next to the wreck

The elusive Kimbur, seldom seen outside a shipwreck

Swimming to the Sea Emperor

Jeff and I, photographing each other

Kim found a christmas tree, lying on it's side and decides to stand it up

Job well-done

Back to the United Caribbean

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Christ..you didn't waste anytime getting this posted.

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post
    (Kind of like the scene in Trains Planes and Automobiles, where John Candee gets his hands stuck by the seat controls while driving.)
    For some reason, thinking you and Jeff - the "those aren't pillows" scene was popping into memory....
    Last edited by netmage; 22nd December 2009 at 01:21.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by netmage  View Original Post
    For some reason, thinking you and Jeff - the "those aren't pillows scene was popping into memory....

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Nice shots Tony.

You got Kims unit working OK then?

KISS

Thanks Chris.

Yeah I meant to email you, since AJ was curious... The problem was when the unit flooded, the caustic solution created a short in the wires near the molex connectors. On Paul's advice, we split the insulation up a bit, added some heat shrink and all was well. The fix took about 15 minutes.

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Great! Glad to hear it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast