Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Bikini Atoll 2010

Mike O'Neill Mike448 has a spectacular aura about Mike448 has a spectacular aura about Mike448 has a spectacular aura about Mike448 has a spectacular aura about Mike448 has a spectacular aura about Mike448 has a spectacular aura about Mike448's Avatar
    Ft Lauderdale (Florida) & Knysna (South Africa)
    Megalodon

Re: Bikini Atoll 2010

Please add me to your list too - count me in

Diving since 1970 gordon mackie will become famous soon enough gordon mackie will become famous soon enough gordon mackie will become famous soon enough gordon mackie will become famous soon enough gordon mackie's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic

Kiss / Royal Navy DSSCCD

Seems to be falling into place - I will start looking for a good (and I mean good) boat and I will also be sorting cylinders / lime etc

Cheers - Gordon

Supporting Member lievenb is an unknown quantity at this point lievenb's Avatar
    SF-2

Prism2, Explorer, rEvoIII

Count me in too!

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

So many saying "Count me in", and nobody has even asked how much it will be. I think you're all going to be in for a BIG SHOCK!!

Regards,

Lance

RBW Member Moray Brown has a spectacular aura about Moray Brown has a spectacular aura about Moray Brown has a spectacular aura about Moray Brown has a spectacular aura about Moray Brown has a spectacular aura about Moray Brown has a spectacular aura about Moray Brown's Avatar
    Cave Meg

Sentinel, Evolution

I agree.... See this thread with prices of $12500 per head being thrown around, and $100k deposits on boats. All this from someone who is well connected in those waters.

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=24127

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer4545  View Original Post
    So many saying "Count me in", and nobody has even asked how much it will be. I think you're all going to be in for a BIG SHOCK!!

Regards,

Lance

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

i have a pile of cash standing by, the big thing for me is getting time from work. 2011 gives me enuff lead time to figure that out.

this is one of things thats not going to happen on a regular basis;

please keep us advised.
    Last edited by Al Marvelli; 27th December 2009 at 22:46.
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by kybrt  View Original Post
    i have a pile of cash standing by, the big thing for me is getting time from work. 2011 gives me enuff lead time to figure that out.

this is one of things thats not going to happen on a regular basis;

please keep us advised.
    I am hoping to get to Bikini someday too, but lets face it, is it really going to be worth all the money. There are some great trips available out there to dive Battleships, Freighters, Submarines, new wrecks, old wrecks, WW1 wrecks, WW2 wrecks and whatever else interests you and for a whole lot less.

For a similar amount you could have a trip to Thailand searching for new wrecks and diving some historically significant ones, a trip to Truk lagoon for 2 weeks and we all know what's there, a trip to the Philippines diving WW2 wrecks and a trip to Singapore diving the POW, Repulse and other wrecks and still have money left!!

I know what I'd rather be spending my money on!!!

Have a think about it first......

Regards,

Lance

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

its a diveable ww11 vet American carrier.

the only one in the world.

hell i could use that cash and do 25 trips to bonaire and it would be plenty of fun.

but it wont be the saratoga.
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

Death Before Discomfort nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971 has a spectacular aura about nated1971's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

I did Bikini in '04. It took a 6 month deployment to Afghan to pay for it, but it was worth every cent. I would love to go back with a rebreather.

RBW Member shog69 is an unknown quantity at this point shog69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer4545  View Original Post

Regards,

Lance
    Nope, not going to be shocked - I reckon this trip's going to cost me around £7000.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast