Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Bikini Atoll 2010

RBW Member Jakub is an unknown quantity at this point Jakub's Avatar
    Cis-Lunar MK5, HH

Meg, rEvo, MK15.5, APDs, Boris

Bikini Atoll 2010

Hey to all,

please does any knows if Bikini are re-open for diving trips for 2010? The diving activities were closed for 2009 and the web pages are "frozen" concerning the news.

Or anybody is going over there in 2010?

Many thanks in advance for your tips, comments,

Jakub

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

Re: Bikini Atoll 2010

you have mail

Diving since 1970 gordon mackie will become famous soon enough gordon mackie will become famous soon enough gordon mackie will become famous soon enough gordon mackie will become famous soon enough gordon mackie's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic

Kiss / Royal Navy DSSCCD

The big problem was with the grounded aircraft due to blowing an engine on one and excessive corrosion on the landing gear on the two wee ones...then a pilot gave up and left. The fleet only ran because of massive loans from Taiwan to pay for aircraft and parts. A lot of divers had wasted trips due to grounded aircraft and now Bikini/Kili/Eejit atolls are depopulated as there were several deaths due to lack of air medical evacuation to the only hospital in Majuro.

I have been thinking about running a live aboard to Bikini from Majuro, taking in Kwajeilin but it would probably be best doing a round trip of between 2&3 weeks. B.A.D. are happy with this as long as I have a self contained live aboard and also take one of their divers and 2 government officials along free to make sure we don't steal anything off the wrecks . It would probably be a good trip and could even make a season if the numbers added up.

I would certainly be happy to see the deep innards of the Saratoga again

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

I would also be happy to hear from anyone who is planning some type of trip to Bikini in the future! I missed out on our last trip there with a broken leg, so I'm anxious to get there at some point.

Regards,
    Randy

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar

If it can be done at a reasonable price you could probably fill a couple of seasons

The Submerge Productions dive and film team is certainly interested!

Diving since 1970 gordon mackie will become famous soon enough gordon mackie will become famous soon enough gordon mackie will become famous soon enough gordon mackie will become famous soon enough gordon mackie's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic

Kiss / Royal Navy DSSCCD

I feel a plan taking place

I will start checking out a few possible boats

Gordon

RBW Member trakrat is on a distinguished road trakrat is on a distinguished road trakrat's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by gordon mackie  View Original Post
    The big problem was with the grounded aircraft due to blowing an engine on one and excessive corrosion on the landing gear on the two wee ones...then a pilot gave up and left. The fleet only ran because of massive loans from Taiwan to pay for aircraft and parts. A lot of divers had wasted trips due to grounded aircraft and now Bikini/Kili/Eejit atolls are depopulated as there were several deaths due to lack of air medical evacuation to the only hospital in Majuro.

I have been thinking about running a live aboard to Bikini from Majuro, taking in Kwajeilin but it would probably be best doing a round trip of between 2&3 weeks. B.A.D. are happy with this as long as I have a self contained live aboard and also take one of their divers and 2 government officials along free to make sure we don't steal anything off the wrecks . It would probably be a good trip and could even make a season if the numbers added up.

I would certainly be happy to see the deep innards of the Saratoga again
    i believe the also insist that you have you own recompession chamber and hyperbaric doctor onboard and a hellicopter (i think the chopper is preferred not mandatory) i'd have to dig out the stuff they sent me when i enquired about it to be certain!

Nicholas Smith Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo's Avatar
    Megalodon

Count me in.

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

please keep us advised although ive already picked the weeks for 2010 maybe i could shake something loose.

2011 would work better.
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

It's Hammertime! Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Megalodon, Inspiration

Hammerhead CCR Instructor
    Hammerhead Repair Facility
    Golem Gear Dealer
    www.silentthrill.com

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast