+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is there a CO2 inflated SMB available in the US?

Steve Sprague 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster's Avatar
    rEvo

Dolphin

Is there a CO2 inflated SMB available in the US?

I've been looking for an SMB that is inflated with a CO2 cartridge. There are a few available in Europe that look well made, but I can't find one that is available on this side of the pond. In case my google skills aren't up to snuff....

Is there one available in the US or Canada? If there is, is it any good?

RBW Member recomprssd is an unknown quantity at this point recomprssd's Avatar

Re: Is there a CO2 inflated SMB available in the US?

i have a "buddy" 4 footer yellow one with it's own bottle (1 cu ft) that can be refilled from any din valve
    got it from divetech in mallorytown ontario

easy is the best description. just crack the valve.
    now that i'm on a Rebreather don't have a reg i want to purge....

A.P.Valves

dave

rEvo Shearwater tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13 has a spectacular aura about tony13's Avatar
    rEvo

RBW Member trakrat is on a distinguished road trakrat is on a distinguished road trakrat's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by 4ster  View Original Post
    I've been looking for an SMB that is inflated with a CO2 cartridge. There are a few available in Europe that look well made, but I can't find one that is available on this side of the pond. In case my google skills aren't up to snuff....

Is there one available in the US or Canada? If there is, is it any good?
    try searching for typhoon co2 dsmb or just a typhoon stockist!!

RBW Member trakrat is on a distinguished road trakrat is on a distinguished road trakrat's Avatar
    rEvo

or you could try these Scuba Diving SMB's | Dive Reels | Lift Bags i'm sure they ship worldwide

Steve Sprague 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster's Avatar
    rEvo

Dolphin

The issue I am wary of is OC2 cartridge compatibility. CO2 cartridges can't be shipped (legally anyway) by air. It would be a shame to find that european and american cartridge specifications are different.

The goal is to get something small, that is why I'm not as interested in ones with small SCUBA cylinders.

Thanks for the links!

"Two Sheds" Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos's Avatar
    JJ Rebreather

Classic Kiss

I bought mine from Nigel at AQUA ELEVATION. Although Nigel's main job is making and selling lifting bags and DSMBs he also does a fair bit of diving.

I'm sure he would ship to the US, but you might need to get a group together to make the postage economical.

I buy replacement catridges from THESE PEOPLE. According to THIS there's no problems shipping by air. I've found them very helpful in the past (I ordered unthreaded cartidges by mistake) and they were very helpful.

Janos

RBW Member chris375 is an unknown quantity at this point chris375's Avatar

We also carry this kind of SMBs. The CO2 catriges are a standart, you can get in the U.S., too. This catriges are used for example for life wests, I would recommend a 32 gramm one. Shipping to the U.S. is no problem for the SMB and normaly no problem for the CO2 catriges also , as there are more than hundred in every plane, depending on how much seats there are. Shipping for the SMB will be about $20.
    http://www.dtuag.com/b/pl/bca642.jpg

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

The company who make and supply the CO2 cartridges we supply send them by air so it can be done (every airline lifejacket has one inside so its not dangerous as such)

I would NOT reccomend filling the typical CO2 buoys with 32gram cartridges as all I've seen are designed around the 16gram sized ones.

They are also almost always 3/8" UNF thread, so if the US cartridges are that size they will work.

The issue with Uk companies supplying the US is the huge insurance required (the quote I got for US as a customer base was 5times more than the current UK, Europe and Rest of World premium!)
    Blame your ambulance chasing culture for that but if there is a US distributor who's willing to carry that bag of trouble then drop me a line and I'll sort you out with some CO2 buoys- Aquatec (UK) Ltd. - Quality Diving Products For Sport and Commerical Divers

RBW Member nigel ingram is an unknown quantity at this point nigel ingram's Avatar
    megladon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast