View Poll Results: If your buddy insists you bailout, what would you do?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Take his offered bailout and no questions asked

118 75.16%
  • Think about it before deciding

30 19.11%
  • Give him the finger

9 5.73%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Should you bailout if your buddy insists?

RBW Member doug allen is on a distinguished road doug allen is on a distinguished road doug allen's Avatar

Re: Should you bailout if your buddy insists?

Without question....yes!

I've seen many "if this and if that" bs posted. Answer the question...if your buddy "insists" or rather if your buddy "suggests"....

The answer is always "yes"

Good diving to all

Doug

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCDiver  View Original Post
    CO2 issues are mostly CO2 retention due to high WOB or just high workloads. Breathing at depth by itself already produces a rather high workload. Scrubber breakthrough seems to be very rare. Try a search for CO2 retention on this forum. You'll find plenty of info.

exactly.

People rant on about how great the wob is on this rig or that rig with no concern about how fit they are. They are just as much a part of the breathing equation as the rig they are on. Id have to agree that breakthrough is in me exp. significantly less common than retention - and retention can lead to the same end result if not properly dealt with

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saveourseas  View Original Post
    Have you found that the CO2 hits you get follow a certain pattern, or can say that for you, a particular symptom is a tell-tale of CO2 retention?.
    yes. To a degree. For me its two fold. First although not all hits are the same retained co2 apears to be a lot more consistant in its feel than breakthrough (i have only had a few breakthroughs and they were all different) but retained hits certainly come on slower and the feelings for me so far have alll been identical. Experiencing each one helps one recognise the next.

Secondly and perhaps just as importanty i find myself when trying to deal with a hit (or face any other life threatening situation ive faced before) that im hearing my inner voice say to myself 'mike you have faced this situation before and you dealt with it and you survived by doing a)b)c), just do the same again - you can do it!" The comfort of that knowledge is worth thousands at the moment in time. It helps you keep calm (when ever urge is to panic) and gives you the much needed confidence and strength needed to go against everthing your instinct is telling you you should do. Ive said it many times when the sh1t hits the fan - that mental strength is everything. And having faced and dealt with the beast before certainly aids that mental strength the next time
    Last edited by Drmike; 25th January 2010 at 04:09.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5