+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loud buzzing noise from 02 bleed orifice

RBW Member diverdman will become famous soon enough diverdman will become famous soon enough diverdman will become famous soon enough diverdman's Avatar

Loud buzzing noise from 02 bleed orifice

Hi All, need some advice:
    rEvo III, my partners o2 orifice bleed valve is making a buzzing sound - much like a small alarm clock. We have done a number of checks.

Flow rate is fine, IP is within range checked on two independant IP gauges. We got the units in September this year done about 20 - 25 hours, religious with cleaning. The noise coming from the orifice is audible from the next room...it is loud...Anyone had this issue? Any ideas on resolve because carrying an alarm clock on a dive is no fun .
    Cheers Helen Grigg

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Re: Loud buzzing noise from 02 bleed orifice

Quote Originally Posted by diverdman  View Original Post
    Hi All, need some advice:
    rEvo III, my partners o2 orifice bleed valve is making a buzzing sound - much like a small alarm clock. We have done a number of checks.

Flow rate is fine, IP is within range checked on two independant IP gauges. We got the units in September this year done about 20 - 25 hours, religious with cleaning. The noise coming from the orifice is audible from the next room...it is loud...Anyone had this issue? Any ideas on resolve because carrying an alarm clock on a dive is no fun .
    Cheers Helen Grigg
    best ask the manufacturer directly
    it is not the orifice, but the non-return valve, that sometimes buzzes due to the very low flow
    there is a simple fix for that
    will send it by mail
    paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

RBW Member safagamarc is on a distinguished road safagamarc is on a distinguished road safagamarc's Avatar
    rEvo III, Sentinel, Evo, Inspi

Hi Helen,

Had the same sort of thing on my unit it was abit of a hummingbird as Paul calls it. It is a real quick fix and Paul will sort it out. Enjoy the diving down under and remember to say "Thank yyou Paul"

Greetings,
    Marc

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Optima Dolphin

What is the quick fix? Do you replace the one-way valve or is there something else that can be done to repair the valve?

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member NJdiver85 is an unknown quantity at this point NJdiver85's Avatar

Paul posted the fix a while back, with pictures. Basically, you remove the check valve and blow O2 lube through the inlet. I had to do this once early on with my unit, and then again a few months later. So far so good, but if it returns, I may get a new check valve.

RBW Member Tybo will become famous soon enough Tybo will become famous soon enough Tybo will become famous soon enough Tybo's Avatar
    rEvo III hCCR

Just have a look here :
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=22838

every thing is explained ! and with pictures !

A+
    Tybo

RBW Member diverdman will become famous soon enough diverdman will become famous soon enough diverdman will become famous soon enough diverdman's Avatar

Cheers all - nice to be on a helpful forum site -

...all fixed - alarm clock off..Paul sent on instructions. ..we did do an initial search but had the wrong wording so didn't find posts..

p.s said manufacturer is always extemely helpful and prompt in replying - in this case I hear on the grapevine he was off doing some crazy arse dive in the Red sea...