+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oxygauge Problems

New Member scubachris82 is an unknown quantity at this point scubachris82's Avatar

Oxygauge Problems

Hi,

I hope someone here is able to help me. I have a Drager Oxygauge that just stopped working. I replaced the battery and the sensor, but no luck. Nothing shows up on the screen. The Oxygauge worked before, but no it doesn't do a thing. It has never been flooded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

RBW Member Nova Scotia diver is an unknown quantity at this point Nova Scotia diver's Avatar
    Dolphin, Ray

Apocawait

Re: Oxygauge Problems

You might try removing the three small screws that hold in the battery compartment and make sure the plugs connected to the main board are not loose!
    John

RBW Member JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF's Avatar
    rEvo III Hyb Min, rEvo II STD

CK, SK, CCR 2000, Dolphin, Ray

Hi Chris,

Do you hear any beeping as you press the unit to turn it on? If not, have you ever heard the beeping?

Check the contacts inside the sensor housing for corrosion. If so clean them up with an eraser.

Good luck!

Cheers

RBW Member wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey has a spectacular aura about wookey's Avatar

chris,
    since 1998 my girlfriend and I dove the atlantis (former name of the dolphin) before switching to ccr in 2002.
    all together during that time we owned 5 oxygauges and all breaked down ! in my opinion the worst piece of equipment I ever bought.

if you can't fix it easily it would be wise to look for another option.

New Member scubachris82 is an unknown quantity at this point scubachris82's Avatar

Thanks, I will give some of those ideas a try. If the oxygauge is dead, do you have any suggestions for other options that would work well with the scr dolphin.

Thanks,
    Chris

Mark Hilley firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver's Avatar
    Kiss Sport

Dolphin, Ray, Homebuild

There some who love the Oxyguage, but I've had nothing but trouble from the one I had. I finally chunked it and got an AirZO2/Oxy2 combo. It's the monitoring system that was originally designed for the Dolphin. Plus it's the only one that's wireless!

There are several options for monitoring......There are stand alone displays, HS explorers, the VR3 can be set up for PPO2, Revo dreams, etc. Take a look at Martin's site Tauchen - Cave, Nitrox, Rebreather Ausbildung, Tec Ausrüstung, Reisen
    He has several option available.

Personally I'm very pleased with the AirZO2/Oxy2 set up. I know many guys who have the same set up and love it. I sold my spare Oxy2 a while back, but I am selling a AirZO2 in fantastic shape. You could post here for an Oxy2 and you'd be set.

Take a look at my other post for a link to the computer.

Hope this helps,

FD

I cleaned the contacts and took the oxygauge apart. Everything seemed okay, all the wires were plugged in, all the soldering was in place. So, I thought I was out of luck, but when I put it back together it worked. Weird, anyway, just wanted to thank everyone for their help.

Chris

+ Reply to Thread