+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Cave Haba Bag

CK #159 caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin is a jewel in the rough caverkevin's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Meg

Re: Cave Haba Bag

Hey Curt,

Why not just make up a sack to slip over the diver. That would hold the warm water around the suit. Still wearing the drysuit would mitigate potential scalding issues. Not involving trapped air would make the rig neutrally buoyant. Could deco in warm in you favorite hole or on that special rock or log.

I would make it a tube with draw string closures on either end. That way you could keep you head and arm out if you like. Be able to stick the feet out the back to swim a little bit. Big enough around that it could be slipped over the diver where a rebreather and bailout could still be worn.

Just a idea.

Cheers!!

Kevin

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

Did the bag and hot water thing ever get off the internet and in to the cave s

RBW Member RedDucati will become famous soon enough RedDucati will become famous soon enough RedDucati will become famous soon enough RedDucati will become famous soon enough RedDucati's Avatar

Update?

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post
    I was also contemplating the possibility of converting the inside air bell into a scrubbed rebreather habitat to help minimize the massive amounts of OC gas that would be required.

Just saw this: This is a pretty easy thing to do, and mirrors almost perfectly the stuff we had in both the DDC and SDC of our (Santa Fe Diving) saturation systems when I worked offshore. If you want some help getting this part of the system built, I'll be happy to lend my expertise. You'll need 12 volt power into the bell to run a fan, and the rest is fairly simple. I'd build a clone of the old Kinergetics system, and I think I even have the tech manuals for that here someplace in my archives.

Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5