+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Regs Depth or other limitations? any info?

RBW Member DeepB is an unknown quantity at this point DeepB's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Re: Regs Depth or other limitations? any info?

vote for mares,

the ex-deep dive world record on OC to 313m was made on a mares abyss, the diver later said that he took the mares reg because it has the best WOB at high depth.

service/spare parts is no problem for me due to the fact that can service them myself...

Apeks are also really great regs.

but imho: stay away from Scubabpro!

I use a mares Proton second stage and mares MR22 first stage for my trimix OC diving, while my dive buddy uses Apeks regs. Never had a problem with either mares or apeks.

regards
    DeepB

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

Quote Originally Posted by DeepB  View Original Post
    vote for mares,

the ex-deep dive world record on OC to 313m was made on a mares abyss, the diver later said that he took the mares reg because it has the best WOB at high depth.

service/spare parts is no problem for me due to the fact that can service them myself...

Apeks are also really great regs.

but imho: stay away from Scubabpro!

I use a mares Proton second stage and mares MR22 first stage for my trimix OC diving, while my dive buddy uses Apeks regs. Never had a problem with either mares or apeks.

regards
    DeepB
    DeepB hi,

thanks for your imput. i would like to back up your arguments please. i was using the mares ruby when OC and it was great. but, why do you suggest to stay away from scubapro? any reason for it?

Thanks.

Spyros

RBW Member gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas is a glorious beacon of light gtzavelas's Avatar
    Megalodon

RB80 Clone, CastoroC96, RGU

For deep bailout I use Poseidon Jetreams
    The reason I like them is that they have the +- knob so when they are set to – its impossible to free flow.
    This way I can keep my bailout tanks ON with out fear of free flowing and with out the need to install flow stops.
    In case of need just put in the mouth and breathe and at the same time move knob to + (you can breath at the – but its harder).

For shallow I have a mix of cheap dive rites, some Mk2, what ever was left over from my OC days….

On the rebreather I have a Poseidon 1st stage to feed the BOV and a MK2 for the Oxygen….

RBW Member DeepB is an unknown quantity at this point DeepB's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw  View Original Post
    DeepB hi,

thanks for your imput. i would like to back up your arguments please. i was using the mares ruby when OC and it was great. but, why do you suggest to stay away from scubapro? any reason for it?

Thanks.

Spyros

concerning the backup i'll have to do a little research, and concerning the Scubapro: just my opinion, had some problems with them.

concerning the ruby: you never had any problems with it?
    this was not one of their best ones. great when when you have really clean air, but they really had problems with it when the air was not so clean, it soon destroyed the ruby. imho they change (or did change?) it for free?

regards
    DeepB

RBW Member diverchris is an unknown quantity at this point diverchris's Avatar
    Inspiration with Vision

I'm a huge fan of the poseidon xtremes. I have them for all of my bail-outs and also on my rebreather

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2