15 12.30%
  • Greater than 5 years

15 12.30%
  • What is a medical examination

10 8.20%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Annual Dive Medicals

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Re: Annual Dive Medicals

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza  View Original Post
    Lance have you got a wild hair up your ass or what, if there is some way to go off at a tangent you seem to be drawn to it .... just settle down lad.

Your post:

"There is very little chance that a diver who is having a heart attack is going to be able to deal with it by managing his stress and not panicking."

You have missed the point yet again, if a heart attack is happening during a dive nothing you, I or all the medicals in the world can do will help. Heart attacks are though helped along by stress and if you can remove that stress then it has to be a bonus.... even you should be able to see that!

"Had he gone to his GP and had a through medical there is a good chance it could have been diagnosed and had something done to fix his situation."

Again read my post before you shoot from the hip, no one is saying that this is not a good thing, as I said ,if you feel you need it then do it but I am against forcing people to have medicals. ... They are only good for the day you have them. What if someone has a stroke or some other serious problem under water, should they have all the special test required to rule out that problem and all the other life threatening problems before the medical Mafia will let them dive ???

"So get off your high horse Bazz and do something about it rather than waffling on about how tough and macho we should be!!"

Lance that comment is very uncalled for, if you every do a course with me then you will see how stupid that comment really is ...... Ego is a far major problem, much more than heart attacks etc. will ever be and thankfully at my age I'm to bloody old to suffer from that problem but it looks like you may need to get yours checked over if only to stop you making a total jerk of yourself.

Now please stop turning this into a personnel slagging match and get back on track.

Regards,

Baz
    Bazz,

Read back please and you will find I started this thread and you chimed in with your 2 cents worth.

You have missed the point Bazz....Had a guy having the heart attack had a medical exam there is every possibility it would have been diagnosed and something could have been done about it BEFORE he went diving and then after the condition was managed or treated he could have possibly returned to diving again. The underlying point here is, there is a very good possibility he would still be alive!!!

I see pilot friends go and have regular medical exams every 12 months and I have guys who exercise regularly, eat well and live a healthy lifestyle diagnosed with all sorts of conditions they were totally unaware of. They go through the process of having the condition managed and return to flying when they have been cleared.

The subject is not about having the dive police knocking on your door to see your current medical certificate, it's about awareness and prevention. I don't know about you, but to me there are far too many divers dying and there is a high percentage of them dying from conditions which could very well have been treated. It's time we took a closer look at what is happening here and do something about it. You never know the next death could be one of your customers.

Read back Bazz....You have forgotten you were the one who started this offbeat twist so don't go trying to make it look as tho I did.

Well if I am a jerk for trying to save someone's life then I am guilty. I am not going to try and ram anything down anyone's neck and I certainly am not for mandatory annual diver examinations. I have an annual medical partially because I have to and more so because I want to know if there is something happening to me I don't know about. There is a big percentage of CCR divers who are no longer young men.....Take a close look in the mirror Bazz....You're not 20 any longer and neither am I but at least I am doing something about it.

Rescuing another diver or recovering a body is not something anyone ever wants to experience, but unfortunately at the moment with the current mind set, just like yours, it will continue until someone steps in and manages the way we dive for us....Like it or not but it's heading that way...Very quickly.

Safe Diving Bazz!!!

Regards,

Lance

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Re: Annual Dive Medicals

I work at a hospital, so the examination is no problem and i have done the pfo examination before 3 years. I donīt have one
    I have start some sport at a fitness center, and leave 20 kg body weight. I feel better and the girls like it......

When i had some medica problems i donīt know if give up diving.....Itīs my life......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5