+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oxy 2 Battery

RBW Member TheMacallan is on a distinguished road TheMacallan is on a distinguished road TheMacallan's Avatar

Oxy 2 Battery

I have been given an OXY 2 that has not had the cells or battery changed in at about 5 years.
    I have downloaded the manual and surfed to find out the battery type.
    From Scubaboard a "caveseeker7" says a 6V Duracell PX 28L but the thread was a bit garbled.
    Is this indeed the battery?

The unit does fire up but I get the "O2 sensor problem" flashing
    The battery is giving out about 3.6V.
    I've tried putting in a couple of R22BUDs but it still is not happy.

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Re: Oxy 2 Battery

I did? Odd, the manual only says it's an Uwatec battery.
    Supposed to last for 4.5 years/100 dives, supposed to be changed by dealer since it involves soldering.

If you didn't get a copy with your Oxy2 PM me your e-mail and I send it out.
    Best I can do.

Gilberto Bonaga, Italy gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo's Avatar
    Kiss with Hammerhead

Draeger Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacallan
    From Scubaboard a "caveseeker7" says a 6V Duracell PX 28L but the thread was a bit garbled.
    Is this indeed the battery?
    I thought it vas a 3.6 v. lithium battery. I don't have the oxy here, i will check next week and i will tell you vattery i have inside mine.

Did you shortcutted the two poles of the battery for an instant? It is for needed to reset the instrument.

RBW Member TheMacallan is on a distinguished road TheMacallan is on a distinguished road TheMacallan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gibbogeo
    Did you shortcutted the two poles of the battery for an instant? It is for needed to reset the instrument.

I've just tried the short circuit and no change.
    There are no markings on the battery so it might be tough to work out what it is.

From the manual "......battery.....replaced by a authorised dealer - or the user if they know how to solder properly"

RBW Member robvdmr13 is on a distinguished road robvdmr13 is on a distinguished road robvdmr13's Avatar
    Hammerhead Inspiration

Classic Inspiration, Dolphin

I`m having almost the exact same problem. The Oxy2 was saying that both battery and sensors were 0%. After taking them out it turned out that both were still working. Battery is 3.6v lithium. After replacing the sensors with R22-2BUD`s the battery read 99%, but the sensors gave 1372%. After looking around on the net and actually measuring the sensors, it turns out that the original sensors have a +-+ connector and the R22-2BUD`s have a --+, where the middle connection has no commercial use. Also tried to use the original ones to test it, but it wouldn`t calibrate anymore. It does calibrate with the R22`s and it even gives good values. 96% with oxygen and also tested with a number of different mixes. If anyone has idea`s please say so!

Robert

Gilberto Bonaga, Italy gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo will become famous soon enough gibbogeo's Avatar
    Kiss with Hammerhead

Draeger Dolphin

I have opened my oxy 2 and i have a 3.6 lithium battery (model sl-761 X Z E F).

I believe you should check it with the normal R22D cell.

Quote Originally Posted by gibbogeo
    I have opened my oxy 2 and i have a 3.6 lithium battery (model sl-761 X Z E F).

I believe you should check it with the normal R22D cell.

Superb, thanks for getting back to me.
    I will try the new battery first.

I must admit looking at the Oxycheck site I thought the two R22D and buds were "identical".
    I will post back if I get the thing to fire up.

+ Reply to Thread