+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Custom Divers Radar Reflective Seeker DSMB

Banned Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn's Avatar
    Apoc

Drager

Custom Divers Radar Reflective Seeker DSMB

Anyone considering a long hang, it waters where you might not be able to be seen on the surface might find this Custom Divers Radar Reflective DMSB of interest. Quality Diving Equipment by Custom Divers - SEEKER - RADAR DETECTABLE SMB

Havn't dived one yet, but seems like a simple low tech survival tool for offshore diving.

Regards
    Brad

Unbanned cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn's Avatar

Re: Custom Divers Radar Reflective Seeker DSMB

Cool. Any other Custom Divers gear that looks good to you?

RBW Member spottydog is on a distinguished road spottydog is on a distinguished road spottydog's Avatar

He Wee extra small ??

(sorry I Coudn't resist)

Banned Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn has much to be proud of Brad_Horn's Avatar
    Apoc

Drager

Quote Originally Posted by cramerdn  View Original Post
    Cool. Any other Custom Divers gear that looks good to you?
    Yeah actually,
    Finger pocket ratchet reel Quality Diving Equipment by Custom Divers - 50 MTR POCKET RATCHET REEL, kind of a cross between a full size ratchet reel and a spool with the benefits of both for hanging out under a DSMB, but with being able to stash it in a mid sized pocket.

Fast find 406Mhz PLB (or car keys) canister Quality Diving Equipment by Custom Divers - Custom Divers 200 210 Fast Find PLB Dive Canister

Regards
    Brad

Mr Fox Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox is a name known to all Soggyfox's Avatar
    Sentinel

KISS

Quote Originally Posted by Brad_Horn  View Original Post
    Yeah actually,
    Finger pocket ratchet reel Quality Diving Equipment by Custom Divers - 50 MTR POCKET RATCHET REEL, kind of a cross between a full size ratchet reel and a spool with the benefits of both for hanging out under a DSMB, but with being able to stash it in a mid sized pocket.
    i have one of those as my back up reel when i'm being all techy and as a primary reel when i'm doing recreational stuff off the club rhib. Its never let me down but sometimes the user is a muppet of extraordinary ability.

Unbanned cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn's Avatar

Yeah actually,
    Finger pocket ratchet reel...

Fast find 406Mhz PLB (or car keys) canister...
    Have you had a chance to dive either of them yet?

RBW Member nickbr will become famous soon enough nickbr will become famous soon enough nickbr will become famous soon enough nickbr's Avatar
    meg apecs 2.7 w/sw

I've been diving Custom Divers reels for a long time now, and can't recommend the pocket reel enough. It's a great backup reel and also very cool for recreational stuff as a main reel. Works great with one of those little halcyon dsmbs as it all wraps up into a tiny package that's easy to travel with.

Of other CD products I like, the bravo wing is very good for diving the Meg, it was designed with the meg in mind and as such the hose routing etc is very neat. The VBS is similarly designed with the inspo in mind, but I can't comment as I haven't dived it.

The DSMB apparently has a similar radar cross section to a small yacht, which has to be a good thing.

(declaration of interest: I know Alex, but I don't work for him. He's a top bloke and I'm not just blowing smoke up his ass, the gear is top quality.)

Safe diving
    Nick

Because I Can Diveimage is an unknown quantity at this point Diveimage's Avatar
    MEG

AP Classic&Evo Meg Copis&APECS

Anyone considering a long hang, it waters where you might not be able to be seen on the surface might find this Custom Divers Radar Reflective DMSB of interest. Quality Diving Equipment by Custom Divers - SEEKER - RADAR DETECTABLE SMB

Havn't dived one yet, but seems like a simple low tech survival tool for offshore diving.

Regards
    Brad

I've got one of these SEEKER SMB's and yes it works very well as you would expect from a bit of Custom Divers kit.

However, a few of the UK skippers have had mixed results when they have tried picking these up on their ships radars. I was told by one that unless the SMB is held perfectly upright they couldn’t pick it up at all even at close range.

But I still think it's better than nothing & if by some chance I find myself alone in the middle of ocean a small chance of it being detected is better than nothing...

Simon

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

Brad dragged me over to the booth at DEMA to see the SMB, and it cost me the price of one to get out of the booth. It seems a good product, and next week we're going to toss one off of the boat with a weight attached to hold it vertical and see what we see on RADAR. Like many reflectors, it will have huge lobes of attenuation, and it makes sense that it will need to be kept vertical to be a good target. As long as the diver knows this and works to keep it upright, it ought to be a good improvement.

They have the webbing to hold a crack-bottle installed as well, and they sell the fitting so that an AP Valves crack bottle can be added. They don't seem to sell for a premium either.. so into my wallet I dove.

The PLB cannister and web holder lor same looked great too. Have a set on order.

Dave

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Would reflective tape or half of a CD/DVD work as well?

I have been told that the OMS clear cannister will also hold the 210 PLB and last I looked they had them on low $ clearance pricing.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast