+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Liquivision X1 CCR Dive Computer

Apprentice Meg Pilot kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu's Avatar
    Megalodon APECS 2.7

Re: Liquivision X1 CCR Dive Computer

Quote Originally Posted by Gill Envy  View Original Post
    that would quell my concern if true, thanks for answering. can you verify a source? and do you know about other components, are they serviceable?
    There is a link to the revised warranty here somewhere. Basically, if the battery fails within a certain period it is replaced for a certain price, after that it costs more to replace because Liquivision are able to replace the battery rather than replace the whole unit.

DOH! 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68's Avatar
    IDA72 - sorrta

Quote Originally Posted by kieranu  View Original Post
    There is a link to the revised warranty here somewhere. Basically, if the battery fails within a certain period it is replaced for a certain price, after that it costs more to replace because Liquivision are able to replace the battery rather than replace the whole unit.
    Liquivision states 10 yrs, is that also the warranty period? Does the battery consist of "unobtainium"?

Hunter

Apprentice Meg Pilot kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu's Avatar
    Megalodon APECS 2.7

Warranty info here:

http://liquivision.com/docs/Liquivis...ranty_v2_0.pdf

In summary, the warranty period for the battery is 3 years. Out of the warranty period, they will replace the battery for a fee for a period of not less than 10 years. I believe that fee is currently USD500 but since no-one will have owned a Liquivision for more than about two years its currently a moot point.

DOH! 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68's Avatar
    IDA72 - sorrta

Quote Originally Posted by kieranu  View Original Post
    Warranty info here:

http://liquivision.com/docs/Liquivis...ranty_v2_0.pdf

In summary, the warranty period for the battery is 3 years. Out of the warranty period, they will replace the battery for a fee for a period of not less than 10 years. I believe that fee is currently USD500 but since no-one will have owned a Liquivision for more than about two years its currently a moot point.
    Even when an authorized spokesperson openly states "10 yrs" on baterry life? And I will have gone thru a number of cells phones before I need to replace this battery? Why not state 3yrs full battery replacement and after that there will be a "nominal charge" ($500USD) ? Me thinks a lot of cominig up on 3 yr units will be up for sale soon. If you were too replace a battery, is the warrany extended another 3yrs? just for the battery? Or for 5 bills, does that buy an extended warranty for the whole unit?
    Last edited by 19Hunter68; 10th November 2009 at 06:17.

Photographer & Journalist John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard's Avatar
    rEvo II Mini Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by kybrt  View Original Post
    has anyone seen/implemented the co2 sensor the manuf rep mentioned in the video?
    They will at some point be at Index, but at the moment the web site is just an empty place holder

RBW Member Hk101gr is on a distinguished road Hk101gr is on a distinguished road Hk101gr's Avatar
    Megalodon

What's the deal with that new depth sensor they will be using? Does anyone have more info or experience with it? It's also on the news page on their site.

Dive Enlightened Liquivision will become famous soon enough Liquivision will become famous soon enough Liquivision will become famous soon enough Liquivision will become famous soon enough Liquivision's Avatar

Thank you all for your questions - I'll answer them as best I can and hope it's sufficient...

Liquivision's warranty is 1 year on the hardware, and 3 years on the battery. Liquivision will replace the battery or replace the whole unit, at Liquivision's option. If a user has a problem once either of the warranty periods have expired, Liquivision will handle it on a case-by-case basis... however, we're known for having some of the best customer service in the industry, and we're aiming to keep that reputation. Gross mishandling will immediately void all warranties.

The manufacturer of the battery tells us it should last 10 years, so that is where the "battery life" answer comes from. Obviously the X1 hasn't been around for 10 years so I'll have to get back to you on the validity of the manufacturer's claim. The Liquivision warranty on the battery is still 3 years, and can be replaced for a fee after that warranty period. Burn time is expected at 20+ hours, but with the new software updates (especially V-Planner) we're seeing burn times which are much longer than that. Burn time also depends on sampling rate and screen brightness.

The new pressure sensors are ceramic, and are far more robust than the standard pressure sensors commonly used by dive computers. Ceramic sensors have been around for a long time, but have only recently become small enough to be put into a dive computer. Liquivision has filed for a patent on their use for this (I'll have Eric Fattah explain more about the patent if there are questions as I'm not well versed on the specifics of the patent).

In addition to changing pressure sensors to a more robust one, the improved X1 has two pressure sensors for redundancy as well as redundancy built into other systems throughout the unit. This was done in our effort to continually improve our product.

Liquivision has also created a new way of testing units before they're shipped which involves rapid an repeated compression and decompression, while having rapid thermal shocking, while sustaining repeated impacts. We call this our "chamber of horrors," which now allows us to even more thoroughly test each unit before it is shipped.

Other testing-fun we've had with the improved X1 is having boiled one in a pot of water (again I'll have Eric detail this out as he was the one who did it) and we have put several of them in a tumbling drum and allowed them to roll around and impact each other for an extended time. All the units in the drum, and the boilied unit, performed fine after the abuse (though the tumbled units' casings looked like hell)... but it should be noted that activities like this are not recommended and will be considered gross mishandling which will void the warranty.

Hopefully that answers some questions. If you have other questions, feel free to email them to info@liquivision.ca and address your questions to me. I'll respond as quickly as possible.

-Doug
    Liquivision Marketing & Sales Guy

ADM / RBW Staff Walter Pickel is a jewel in the rough Walter Pickel is a jewel in the rough Walter Pickel is a jewel in the rough Walter Pickel is a jewel in the rough Walter Pickel is a jewel in the rough Walter Pickel is a jewel in the rough Walter Pickel is a jewel in the rough Walter Pickel's Avatar
    KISS Classic

I have 2 X1s. The first is #154 (November 2006), the other is #1351ish (June 2009). I have several hundred (>350) on the first unit and I have had ZERO issues with it; battery or otherwise. However, I have only let Brett borrow my wife's VR3 not either of the X1s.

Megalodon APECS 2.7

Quote Originally Posted by deepsea  View Original Post
    I have 2 X1s. The first is #154 (November 2006), the other is #1351ish (June 2009). I have several hundred (>350) on the first unit and I have had ZERO issues with it; battery or otherwise. However, I have only let Brett borrow my wife's VR3 not either of the X1s.
    I think you mean November 2007 unless there was a helluva gap between #154 and #221 (is yours an early prototype unit?). I also had no issue with #221 other than it being so small that I somehow managed to lose it and now have #2173 which isn't quite as cool.

RebreatherWorld Sponsor tdzao has a spectacular aura about tdzao has a spectacular aura about tdzao has a spectacular aura about tdzao has a spectacular aura about tdzao has a spectacular aura about tdzao has a spectacular aura about tdzao's Avatar

The Liquivision F1 used exactly the same battery setup as the X1. The F1 was released in late 2005, or about four years ago. To date, no user (neither F1 nor X1) has had any problems related to the battery. Of thousands of units shipped, there were a couple that had circuits with mild faults that caused faster than normal battery discharge. Upon dissembling those units and replacing the batteries, it was clear that it was the circuit, and not the battery, that was at fault.

Our battery setup has been so robust that Uemis, the swiss startup composed of ex-UWATEC engineers, have now adopted the same battery system in their ZURICH computer (fully potted lithium polymer battery with enormous projected lifespan).

Eric Fattah
    Liquivision Products