+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Liquivision X1 CCR Dive Computer

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Liquivision X1 CCR Dive Computer

from Curt Bowen on Vimeo.

Wael AL-Jareh Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision with BOB

Ray, Evolution, Insp. Classic

Re: Liquivision X1 CCR Dive Computer

Wonderful presentation!. I especially liked those cylinders on the rEvo

Regards. Wael

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

That rEvo kicks ass, no doubt about it.

Wael AL-Jareh Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision with BOB

Ray, Evolution, Insp. Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post
    That rEvo kicks ass, no doubt about it.
    Now I know whose was it

Very nice indeed.

Regards. Wael

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

So, in the interview Jeff asked Doug about the battery life..."how often will it need to be replaced" I believe the question was. Doug referred to a 10 year life span. First off I am a very skeptical of this claim, if it's true, it's by leaps and bounds the most advanced rechargeable battery on the planet, no other device i've ever owned comes close. Most rechargeable batteries have several hundred charging cycles at best before they start dropping off considerably in performance. the thing that most concerns me about the battery, if what I've been hearing about many of the parts of the computer are true, is that very little of the computer is serviceable because it's potted. So when Doug was asked how often the battery needs replacing, if what i've been hearing is true, he should have said the battery is not replaceable.

Who can verify how much of the computer is serviceable? I'd be very reluctant to buy a computer that might break after the warranty runs out, requiring me to buy a whole new one, even if it was offered at cost. If this computer is intended to be disposable, I think dealers should be up front about that.

g

Gill Envy

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Gill Envy  View Original Post
    So, in the interview Jeff asked Doug about the battery life..."how often will it need to be replaced" I believe the question was. Doug referred to a 10 year life span. First off I am a very skeptical of this claim, if it's true, it's by leaps and bounds the most advanced rechargeable battery on the planet, no other device i've ever owned comes close. Most rechargeable batteries have several hundred charging cycles at best before they start dropping off considerably in performance. the thing that most concerns me about the battery, if what I've been hearing about many of the parts of the computer are true, is that very little of the computer is serviceable because it's potted. So when Doug was asked how often the battery needs replacing, if what i've been hearing is true, he should have said the battery is not replaceable.

Who can verify how much of the computer is serviceable? I'd be very reluctant to buy a computer that might break after the warranty runs out, requiring me to buy a whole new one, even if it was offered at cost. If this computer is intended to be disposable, I think dealers should be up front about that.

g

Battery stats copied from web site below

Liquivision X1 Specs

Display Specifications

• 128x64 OLED display (Organic LED)
    • 180 degree viewing angle
    • 2000:1 contrast ratio
    • Ultra-bright with giant fonts for easy readability
    • Readable in complete darkness
    Depth Measurement & Rating

• 180m depth rating
    Features

• Small size (6.6 x 4.3 x 2.5 cm; 25/8 x 13/4 x 1 inches)
    • Patent pending buttonless tap interaction
    • Digital compass
    • Dive time in minutes & seconds to 999’59"
    • Customizable display modes (font size and brightness)
    • Dive profile graph viewable directly on the unit
    • Large dive log memory
    • Fast sampling & refresh rate (4Hz)
    • Temperature display
    • Battery power remaining
    • PC interface/charger attachment and international AC adapter included
    • Multiple decompression algorithms available via third-party software packages (VPM-B, VPM-B/E, VPM-FBO and Buhlmann-GF)
    Hardware Specifications

• Hard anodized CNC machined aluminum casing
    • Scratch resistant borosilicate glass window
    • Universal autoswitching AC adapter with international plug adapters -- works in any country and any voltage
    • Battery life up to 20 hours of actual dive time between recharges
    • Battery never needs to be replaced

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

The battery is potted in a different layer, so it can be replaced.

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

has anyone seen/implemented the co2 sensor the manuf rep mentioned in the video?
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post

Hardware Specifications
    • Hard anodized CNC machined aluminum casing
    • Scratch resistant borosilicate glass window
    • Universal autoswitching AC adapter with international plug adapters -- works in any country and any voltage
    • Battery life up to 20 hours of actual dive time between recharges
    • Battery never needs to be replaced
    Thanks for listing that Curt. I do believe that "Never" is an awfully long time and a bit hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post
    The battery is potted in a different layer, so it can be replaced.
    that would quell my concern if true, thanks for answering. can you verify a source? and do you know about other components, are they serviceable?

I like the computer for several of it's features, mainly it's compact size! I also see wisdom in having one's back up computer be a totally different brand from the primary, so I am considering having a shearwater and a liquivision down the line.

Gill Envy

RBW Key Holder
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Gill Envy  View Original Post
    Thanks for listing that Curt. I do believe that "Never" is an awfully long time and a bit hard to believe.
    I understand that, BUT I have never had a piece of equipment I did not break, lose, or one of my dive buddies (Brett Hemphill) barrow and never return for more than 3 years. Thus if the warranty lasts that long, I am good to go.