Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Northeast Rebreather Workshop at URI

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

Re: 2010 Northeast Rebreather Workshop at URI

this was a cool day i wish i wasnt so tired from overworking the nite before.

lots of ocean science here too, the venue was a cool place.
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

Steve Rich stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm's Avatar
    rEvo II

Classic/Sport KISS

One suggestion: Have the next one in upstate NY, that was a long drive! But seriously, this was a great event and I, as well as everyone else I'm sure, had a great time. Thanks for putting this together, and thanks to all who presented! I look forward to the next one.

Supporting Member kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone's Avatar
    Classic Kiss Hammerhead

Sport Kiss Hammerhead

It was a great event,
    and thanks to Mike for all of his efforts I am sure it was a lot of work to set up such an event. And thanks to Dave ****** ( who wont be reading this) for bringing a lot of cool toys, and yes there was a living (not sure about breathing) APOC. It was also great to see everybody again and meet a few more Rb divers.
    Thanks again to all of the speakers and all involved.
    Kevin

Mark Munro Munromh is an unknown quantity at this point Munromh's Avatar

Mike,

Oceans of Opportunity is to be commended for organizing a superb event. From the moment I drove down South Ferry Road and saw the geographic location of the URI Bay Campus I knew I was in for a great day. The Coastal Institute Building you selected as a venue was well suited for the day’s events and a beautiful facility. The morning coffee, muffins, and donuts that you provided were appreciated by all, the presentation room was very comfortable for both the presenters and attendees, and the provided lunch was a nice touch and of high quality. All that AND a nice tee shirt to commemorate the day. Keep up the great work.

Best regards,
    Mark

RBW Member JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF's Avatar
    rEvo III Hyb Min, rEvo II STD

CK, SK, CCR 2000, Dolphin, Ray

To All,

I wanted to give everyone a special thanks for allowing rEvo Rebreathers and OEO to be a sponsor for this event. It was really nice meeting and chatting everyone.

I enjoyed all of the presentations and I will be looking forward to more rebreather specific presentations for next year.

Cheers

Closed Account Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg's Avatar
    Classic KISS

I'll add my kudos to Mike for organizing and running a great event. The setting was outstanding.

I only wish there had been a way for me to identify the folks that I've met on line so I could offer a handshake in person. I've already mentioned to Mike that perhaps name tags would be a useful addition at the next such event.

Art

Steve Rich stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm's Avatar
    rEvo II

Classic/Sport KISS

Agreed, name tags with RBW avatars would be a good idea next time, because let's face it, that's what we all recognize!

Quote Originally Posted by Art Greenberg  View Original Post
    I'll add my kudos to Mike for organizing and running a great event. The setting was outstanding.

I only wish there had been a way for me to identify the folks that I've met on line so I could offer a handshake in person. I've already mentioned to Mike that perhaps name tags would be a useful addition at the next such event.

Art

Smile, how bad can it be? Eliot Danner will become famous soon enough Eliot Danner will become famous soon enough Eliot Danner will become famous soon enough Eliot Danner will become famous soon enough Eliot Danner's Avatar
    KISS, rEvo, Optima, Inspo

Meg, Mk15, Dolphin, Evolution

As has already been said, really a top-notch event. It was a pleasure to meet everyone.

RBW Member carlcz is an unknown quantity at this point carlcz's Avatar

I just got back from the titled Workshop at the University of RI.

URI is a great campus and all in all was a great day!

Thanks Mike for organizing such a great and fact filled meeting.
    So, when's the next one...

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

Quote Originally Posted by carlcz  View Original Post
    So, when's the next one...
    This was the first event of this magnitude (aside from my wedding) that I have ever put together. And as all can imagine, it's alot of work. Now that the framework has been laid down, we can work out the hiccups, and hopefully recruit more sponsors and volunteers to assist. I will tell you, that sponsorship opportunities were presented to all of the major mfg's, several distributors, charter operators, etc. Ocean Edge was the only one to take the leap of faith in supporting a totally new event, so again i extend my thanks to Jason for being there. OEO's support made it directly possible for more than a dozen college level ocean engineering students to attend at no cost...these are the minds we need to start getting involved in this technology to help advance the industry down the road. Next time around, my hope would be to have more representation from the mfg's.

I'd like to run this annually, much llike the RB Summit in Florida, to provide us up North an opportunity to get together and encourage new collaborative opportunities.

Like any event series, the trick will be information not going stale or repeated so that there is enough interest to keep attendance up. Providing we can continue to attract high quality presenters and can offer information that is on the front line, we'll do it again.

I will circulate photos/video of the event sometime in the near future.If anyone else has photos that they would like to share on the 'official' event site (to be developed), please send them my way. Once all this info is out, the more we collectively market the event, the more likely it will be to re-occur.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast