+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I Joined the ranks of Rebreather certified boat Captains

San Diego rEvo Mafia "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon"'s Avatar
    rEvo II

I Joined the ranks of Rebreather certified boat Captains

Thought I would announce that I recently got my 50GT Master Near Coastal license.

I know there are not many Rebreather certified Captains out there (except you East Coast guys). I will be running the Marissa Dive boat out here in San Diego for a while.

Call me up if you are in town.

Dave Mitchell akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst's Avatar
    KISS Classic Explorer

Kiss Classic

Re: I Joined the ranks of Rebreather certified boat Captains

Congratulations!

Having a 50 Ton myself, I know what you went through to get it! Great Job!

Dave

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by Buck-O-Five  View Original Post
    Thought I would announce that I recently got my 50GT Master Near Coastal license.

I know there are not many Rebreather certified Captains out there (except you East Coast guys). I will be running the Marissa Dive boat out here in San Diego for a while.

Call me up if you are in town.
    Congratulations. Did you go to Maritime school in SD; I did, or take the test directly with the Coast Guard. I am going on my third issue 100 Ton Master License. Every five years they reissue your license, I was told by a friend who runs sport boats on the weekends that the new license is in the form of a passport, that'll be interesting to see. I'm sure it's some point you will also have to get a TWIC card, transportation worker identification credential.
    When I originally got my license, I was also required to get an STCW, not sure, if they are still doing that?

Best regards,
    Chett. L

San Diego rEvo Mafia "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon" has a spectacular aura about "The Brandon"'s Avatar
    rEvo II

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    Congratulations. Did you go to Maritime school in SD; I did, or take the test directly with the Coast Guard. I am going on my third issue 100 Ton Master License. Every five years they reissue your license, I was told by a friend who runs sport boats on the weekends that the new license is in the form of a passport, that'll be interesting to see. I'm sure it's some point you will also have to get a TWIC card, transportation worker identification credential.
    When I originally got my license, I was also required to get an STCW, not sure, if they are still doing that?

Best regards,
    Yes I went to the Maritime Institute in SD. There were many 20 hours days during the 2 weeks. I completed the 6 exams in about 4 hours and passed everything on the first shot.

I have the TWIC (took 9 days prolly because of my old TS/SCI clearance and it is mandatory you cannot get a license without one), the STCW is not required anymore, and I have the new passport license (took about 12 days to process).

I have tow and sail endorsements but am not sure what all of the extra pages in the passport style license are for.

I may start working as a 2nd Capt on a certain 75GT in LA. We will see how that goes. So I am shooting for 100GT next renewal.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by "The Brandon"; 5th November 2009 at 18:11.

rEject TJS is a jewel in the rough TJS is a jewel in the rough TJS is a jewel in the rough TJS is a jewel in the rough TJS is a jewel in the rough TJS is a jewel in the rough TJS is a jewel in the rough TJS is a jewel in the rough TJS's Avatar

good god everyone stay off the water around SD for a while, wait shit your driving the boat for us this weekend

KISS and rEvo diver Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte's Avatar
    rEvo

KISS Classic, Dolphin

Brandon: Congratulations. I'm sure that attaining such credentials is difficult and time consuming. Safe passages. Peter
    Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis

rEvo II

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler S.  View Original Post
    wait shit your driving the boat for us this weekend
    Muhahaha

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by Buck-O-Five  View Original Post
    Yes I went to the Maritime Institute in SD. There were many 20 hours days during the 2 weeks. I completed the 6 exams in about 4 hours and passed everything on the first shot.

I have the TWIC (took 9 days prolly because of my old TS/SCI clearance and it is mandatory you cannot get a license without one), the STCW is not required anymore, and I have the new passport license (took about 12 days to process).

I have tow and sail endorsements but am not sure what all of the extra pages in the passport style license are for.

I may start working as a 2nd Capt on a certain 75GT in LA. We will see how that goes. So I am shooting for 100GT next renewal.
    Hi Brandon,

So looks like they changed it from: United States Coast Guard Merchant Marine Officer to: Merchant Mariner Credential. Either way you are now certified to carry passengers for higher. That's interesting about the extra pages in the passport type book, since it only pertains to US waters, it cannot used like a passport for traveling to other countries, it very well could be implemented by and under Homeland Security which I believe somewhere on this new Passport indicates Homeland Security? I am wondering if it must be used in conjunction with the TWIC card when traveling into a United States Coast Guard facilities.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Closed Account onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime's Avatar

Congratulations!

RBW Member Offgas is on a distinguished road Offgas is on a distinguished road Offgas's Avatar

It's because there are plenty more licenses/endorsements beyond 50T Master. You can (I am) spend a career filling it up.

It's issued by the Coast Guard, whom (since 2003) operates under Department of Homeland Security.

TWIC is slowly being implemented (all mariners ought to have cards by now). I've been required to use it in some domestic ports already.

Congrats BTW, I know the process can be more daunting than the testing.

-Gas
    Last edited by Offgas; 5th November 2009 at 19:20.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast