+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vacume and pressure testing

DOH! 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68's Avatar
    IDA72 - sorrta

Vacume and pressure testing

I was thinking of positive pressure testing to 34 atm (500psi) and am not sure what I should test to the negative (vacume) 15Hg? more? Any help here would be wonderful.

Cheers and thanks,
    Hunter

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Re: Vacume and pressure testing

Are you talking about the loop?

Why would you want to do that?

The Loop as I'm sure you know is at ambient pressure...

No need to go commando for + - tests.

All you really want to see is if first, there is a substantial leak in loop (Hole, Bad Seal or Pinched O-Ring), and second a fairly minor leak.

I used to go nuts over Negative tests.... The slightest tiniest burp would drive me nuts...

Now as long as it holds a decent Negative for 30 seconds and a Positive for a few minutes I'm good to go.

Obviously you don't want to see the loop hoses expanding or dropping.

If my loop loses a little bit pressure over a few minutes, which it will, there is no difference in my loop after a dive, as far as moisture is concerned.

In fact I used to suck the crap out of my loop doing the Negative Check when I was trained, and the Instructor told me to back off.... No need to pull every bit of air out of there.

Richie

DOH! 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68's Avatar
    IDA72 - sorrta

oops, I actually was asking about pressure testing the head assemblies with the center coupling and the outside canister housing to see what pressure it was good too, before, the rest of the build is added i.e no breathing hose, DSV or lungs.

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Sorry... Can't help you out on that one....

Richie

RBW Member WD8CDH is an unknown quantity at this point WD8CDH's Avatar
    Homebuilt mCCRs, eSCR

MK15, Electrolung, others

Just pressurize the scrubber to about 10 psi and look for leaks with a soap solution.

+ Reply to Thread