+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Model Rebreather in Use?

Underwater Journal Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns's Avatar
    KISS Explorer & Spirit LTE

KIS Sport, KISS GEM, Dolphin

New Model Rebreather in Use?

New kind of rebreather? No, but I did some shooting recently with a Hasselblad medium format camera at Weeki Wachee Springs. I should say it was interesting as the Hasselblad H3D-II uses a 50 megapixels, 36 x 48 mm sensor. Canonís top-of-line 1Ds mk III features a 21.9 mp, 24 x 36 mm sensor, with Nikon's D3x model uses a 24 x 35.9 mm, 24 mp sensor.

The lens I shot this image with was Hasselbladís 50 mm which features a coverage of 70 degree, which looks and feels very comparable to the coverage of a 28 mm lens on a FX sensor (Nikon D3, Canon 5D) camera which has a coverage of 74 degrees. Camera settings: 200 iso, shutter speed 125 sec., aperture f6.9 - note the her tail which is three feet further back than her head. Also check the crop from the same image.
    Attached Images
    Walt Stearns
    Editor-in-Chief
    www.UnderwaterJournal.com

Closed Account Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Re: New Model Rebreather in Use?

Nice, but well out of my price range. I've yet to go digital in 35mm .....

--
    Art

TITAN-ITE grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52 will become famous soon enough grandizer52's Avatar
    pearl city hawaii EARTH moving to Iscandar

walt,
    how is diving at the springs? the wildlife apears to be extremely friendly and ohotogenic

laytah
    steve

Underwater Journal Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns's Avatar
    KISS Explorer & Spirit LTE

KIS Sport, KISS GEM, Dolphin

Yes, they can be. As for shooting with Hasselbads, I'm just serving as a consultant on the housing. I can't afford those things! The bloody camera and housing costs way more than my car!! But it has been fun.
    Walt Stearns
    Editor-in-Chief
    www.UnderwaterJournal.com

RBW Member Tegg is an unknown quantity at this point Tegg's Avatar

Nice photo... Crazy image quality...

Jeff Tindall icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac's Avatar
    rEvo

Optima

WOW. Check out the earring between the two shots. It is pretty amazing.

+ Reply to Thread