+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has anyone tried the new Worthington 30's

Craig Miller sciencediver1 will become famous soon enough sciencediver1 will become famous soon enough sciencediver1 will become famous soon enough sciencediver1's Avatar
    Megalodon COPIS

KISS Classic

Has anyone tried the new Worthington 30's

Has anyone tried the Pony Series steel Worthington 30 cuft (4.1 ltr) cylinders on their CCR yet? I just got a set for my Classic KISS. I had to do a few small mods to make them fit just right, but I'm hoping they will work out. If so...it looks like they could go all weekend. Here's a few photos. I hope to do a few shore dives for weight and trim tomorrow. Let me know if you are using these and if you like them. Craig:p
    Attached Images

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

Re: Has anyone tried the new Worthington 30's

Hi Craig,

how much do they cost?

I'd been tempted buy dumpy UK 3l's but I mostly use my KISS for cave diving so I'd thought about bigger bottles and the next step up here is 5's which are too big (for me anyway).

Be interesting to hear what they are like in the water.

Cheers,

Stuart

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lizardland
    ...the next step up here is 5's which are too big (for me anyway)...
    Stuart,

Do try the 5L if you can, it is not that big.

I ended up using the 5L exclusively when I was living in Belgium. They are perfect for drysuit, and have ample for bail-out.

I was using 2 different configurations:
    1. 5L diluent + 5L O2 (shallow)
    2. 5L diluent + 5L deco + 2L O2 (deep)
    and no stages.

Meg dealer / IT MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto's Avatar
    Meg, Pathfinder, Sentinel, MK6

Optima and Inspiration

How much they cost????
    Those tanks looks close to the PST's 27 cf LP coming on the Dive Rite O2ptima CCR.
    If you like those tanks caracteristics on your CK maybe worth check the price with one Dive Rite dealer.
    Cheers,

Mike - www.protecdiving.com

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Quote Originally Posted by lizardland
    Hi Craig,

how much do they cost?

I'd been tempted buy dumpy UK 3l's but I mostly use my KISS for cave diving so I'd thought about bigger bottles and the next step up here is 5's which are too big (for me anyway).

Be interesting to hear what they are like in the water.

Cheers,

Stuart
    Stuart,
    FYI, in EU, you can get the Faber 4L/200 bars/M25 thread and all EU/CE stamps you need. They are used for the Azimuth. You can get them directly from Sanosub . They are the same size -ish- as these Worthington and weigh 5kg each empty.
    Best
    Philippe

USSMEG USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG's Avatar

I just picked up 2 of the Worthington 19's and will put a pic up later with them on the MEG and a comparison with the Faber 19's.
    Paul

New Member ryvor is an unknown quantity at this point ryvor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by USSMEG
    I just picked up 2 of the Worthington 19's and will put a pic up later with them on the MEG and a comparison with the Faber 19's.
    Paul
    Nice, can't wait to see the pic. How much are they going for?

USSMEG USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG has a spectacular aura about USSMEG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ryvor
    Nice, can't wait to see the pic. How much are they going for?
    Haven't gotten the bill yet?
    Paul

I'll let you know.

ccr apprentice Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN is a glorious beacon of light Philippe GERIN's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Meg 2.7/SW, Copis Meg, SK

Quote Originally Posted by mikedive
    How much they cost????
    Mike - www.protecdiving.com
    FYI, Joel @ Techdiving ltd is runing a special. He carries these tanks. You'll find them in Cylinders - Worthington - Pony cylinders.
    Here: http://www.rebreatherworld.com/annou...ts-insane.html
    Best
    Philippe

Craig Miller sciencediver1 will become famous soon enough sciencediver1 will become famous soon enough sciencediver1 will become famous soon enough sciencediver1's Avatar
    Megalodon COPIS

KISS Classic

Hi Everyone,

I dove the Worthington 30's or 4.1 litre Pony Series cylinders on my CK the other day from the beach. I took 11 pounds off my belt. I am using a dry suit in cold water. The trim was almost too horizontal, and I did notice the difference in some low back strain I assume was due to arching too hard to get my head up. Things I do like are...The valves sit back and out a bit so are easier to grab. The cylinders do not hit the hose to stack disconnects. Less weight on the belt. Lots of dives per fill. The regulators are easier to take off as the are more acccessable. I only have the one 40 minute shore dive to judge from. We are off for some real dives this weekend in Nanaimo BC. I'll know more after, and will report back. So Far...so good. As for cost go to Tech Diving Limited online, Joel has them for $135.00 USD and free shipping in the USA. Craig
    Last edited by sciencediver1; 27th January 2006 at 05:27.

+ Reply to Thread