+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: memorial thread moderation

  1. #1
    Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Vancouver Island BC Canada
    Posts
    3,787
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

    CCR Instructor Trainer

    memorial thread moderation

    How long does it take to get a post added to the memorial thread. I add my condolences to the Andy Letourneau post started by Ron Micjan but 3 days later it has still not appeared. What's the deal?
    Cheers,

    Dave....

    www.wedivebc.com

  2. #2
    Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    "Da" Bronx
    Posts
    4,116
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

    KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

    Re: memorial thread moderation

    Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    How long does it take to get a post added to the memorial thread. I add my condolences to the Andy Letourneau post started by Ron Micjan but 3 days later it has still not appeared. What's the deal?

    one of us have to see it.. sometimes we miss moderated posts..
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

    All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

  3. #3
    Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Vancouver Island BC Canada
    Posts
    3,787
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

    CCR Instructor Trainer

    Re: memorial thread moderation

    Quote Originally Posted by jradomski  View Original Post
    one of us have to see it.. sometimes we miss moderated posts..
    I would hope memorial threads would get more timely attention. Why is it moderated in the first place?
    Cheers,

    Dave....

    www.wedivebc.com

  4. #4
    RBW Member sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave has a reputation beyond repute sadave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland
    Posts
    1,279
    Sports Kiss

    Re: memorial thread moderation

    Its moderated because its the only forum on here thats open, ie, anyone can post in it without being registered.

    We ended up with a heap of VERY graphic p0rn spam in a LOT of threads, as well as new threads, etc...

    You can imagine how distressing it could be to view the memorial thread of a friend / family member, and find p0rn spam in it...

    As for us moderating the posts, any threads with posts needing approval have a small green icon next to them, We always keep an eye out for them, but aren't always on here 24x7...

    also have a look at this thread http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=2241
    Last edited by sadave; 15th October 2009 at 02:26.

  5. #5
    Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Vancouver Island BC Canada
    Posts
    3,787
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

    CCR Instructor Trainer

    Re: memorial thread moderation

    Thanks for explaining



    Quote Originally Posted by sadave  View Original Post
    Its moderated because its the only forum on here thats open, ie, anyone can post in it without being registered.

    We ended up with a heap of VERY graphic p0rn spam in a LOT of threads, as well as new threads, etc...

    You can imagine how distressing it could be to view the memorial thread of a friend / family member, and find p0rn spam in it...

    As for us moderating the posts, any threads with posts needing approval have a small green icon next to them, We always keep an eye out for them, but aren't always on here 24x7...

    also have a look at this thread http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=2241
    Cheers,

    Dave....

    www.wedivebc.com

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts